• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

86Corvettegirl

The earrings I ordered from Heather Benjamin should be here tomorrow. I'm really excited to see how they look. I think I'm still going to order the Beetle wing earrings with the smaller horn, too.

Update....I decided to go ahead & get the Beetle wing earrings. Boy, I'm glad I did. It was the last pair. So, the large horn earrings will be here tomorrow & the Beetle wing horn earrings should be here by next week.

Last edited:

BWeaves

I haven't worn this combination before. Custom amethyst necklace from Karen Brown Jewelry. TNT strand from Ocean's Cove, and my baroque blue akoya rope from PP, freshly restrung on Sky Beader's Secret. B&W Tahitian studs from Komoka. The "white" pearl matches my blue akoyas, and the "black" pearl looks almost purple.

fullsizeoutput_995.jpg

After I was done stringing, I noticed I accidentally double knotted between a couple pearls. It's not noticible to anyone else, but my eye goes right to it every time. Of course, it was 1/2 of the way through, and I didn't notice until I was done. I am not restringing them again for awhile. I'm willing to unpick 2 knots, but not 1/2 of a necklace. Easier to start from scratch.

Handwoven Tartan shawl (not by me) in the Isle of Skye tartan.

Last edited:

86Corvettegirl

I haven't worn this combination before. Custom amethyst necklace from Karen Brown Jewelry. TNT strand from Ocean's Cove, and my baroque blue akoya rope from PP, freshly restrung on Sky Beader's Secret. B&W Tahitian studs from Komoka. The "white" pearl matches my blue akoyas, and the "black" pearl looks almost purple.

View attachment 63346

After I was done stringing, I noticed I accidentally double knotted between a couple pearls. It's not noticible to anyone else, but my eye goes right to it every time. Of course, it was 1/2 of the way through, and I didn't notice until I was done. I am not restringing them again for awhile. I'm willing to unpick 2 knots, but not 1/2 of a necklace. Easier to start from scratch.

Handwoven Tartan shawl (not by me) in the Isle of Skye tartan.

Looks great, BW! I love how the TNT & blue Akoya necklaces look with the Amethyst necklace! I love how the Amethyst is set...so unique!
I wouldn't undo half a necklace to fix 2 knots either. I think it looks wonderful & would never notice the 2 double knots!

annie

BWeaves, lovely pearl combination and awesome shawl! Great color combination!

Katbran

What a great rope you have made from your three strands ! Wonderful job combining the pearls ! I've got a couple of strands that I might try combining ! I'm inspired !
BWeaves - wonderful layers.. I do love Amethyst :)

I've tried to make this smaller but can't seem to do it..not sure what's happened ... though my keyboard has been wonky since the glass of wine spilled on it ...

'

Last edited:

Masik

YAY!
Ladies, thank you, THANK YOU for your kind words! They mean a world to me - still pretty new to pearls and VERY new to stringing :) I enjoy it so much, I am eyeing my freshly restrung necklaces to do it again just for fun and practice :)

BW, I LOVE your choices! The Amethyst is to die for! But my heart belongs to tourmalines, they are so colorful! Like rock candies. And that Tartan! Time to dig out mine. What fun! Jewish girls in Scottish garments :D

BWeaves

What fun! Jewish girls in Scottish garments :D

Celtic music and Klezmer music sound so much alike that I'm sure everyone is related if we go back far enough. There was a Celtic band back in the 1980s that did a tour of America playing Cèilidhs and Bar Mitzvahs.

jeg

Traveling Pearl
I tried posting earlier, but couldn’t get a reply window to come up...

BWeaves- beautiful jewel tone layers! Love that artsy amethyst setting.

Masik- what a great eye for combining your strands. It looks so colorful.

BWeaves

Whelp, I'm restringing my blue akoya rope AGAIN, because that double knot was bugging me. I get faster and more even every time I restring. I think I need to order Beader's Secret in Sky in bulk.

Masik

Whelp, I'm restringing my blue akoya rope AGAIN, because that double knot was bugging me. I get faster and more even every time I restring. I think I need to order Beader's Secret in Sky in bulk.

Yay! I think Sky, Storm, and Gray are so versatile, we should have spools! I just ordered all three. My Black Friday "pearl shopping" is done :D

86Corvettegirl

I have been waiting for my second pair of Heather Benjamin earrings to get here & they arrived today. I could not decide which pair I liked the best but I bought her large horn earrings like the ones BN has. The ones with the beetle wings kept haunting me so I wound up buying them too. Here they are....they're so beautiful. (a little hard to capture the colors in the small horns.) And they look really edgy with the green Tahitian necklace hubby bought for me but says I have to wait til Christmas before I can wear it.

Attachments

• 20181123_142615.jpg
    20181123_142615.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 0

Red

I've been holed up at home for the last month recovering from a much needed total knee replacement. I'm just getting out again, and enjoying the look of my free-form goldens from PP against my holiday colored cable sweaters. I'm loving my new golden drop earrings as well. Golden drops from the 2018 ruckus, set with tiny tsavorites by Stephen Vincent Design in Minneapolis.

20181124_154949.jpg20181124_155102.jpg20181122_170647.jpg

BAS

Red, how did the surgery go?! Enjoy your goldens! And the setting on the drops is just lovely. Wear in good (and improved knee) health!

86Corvettegirl

Gorgeous, Red! Those earrings are fabulous! Glad to hear your recovery is going well & you're getting out & about!

Red

Red, how did the surgery go?! Enjoy your goldens! And the setting on the drops is just lovely. Wear in good (and improved knee) health!

My TKR surgery went well, and I have been icing, resting, and doing my physical therapy. I am motivated to get as much range of motion back as I can, which helps. I also had an excellent surgeon (he is the team doctor for some of the local sports teams here).

CathyKeshi

You and your goldens look ready for festive holidays, Red! Love how the goldens play strongly with bold colors. X
So delighted to hear you are recovering well ... takes hard work and determination.

Katbran

I've had two total knee replacements 3 months apart . I know how really hard it is ... but like you I've had a great result. Keep up the physio and all will be well. I'm so glad that it's been a success for you ! And your pearls look fabulous. I do love the little green top on your earrings.. it's just the right amount of colour !