• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

86Corvettegirl

Love it all, Red- the glasses, bracelets, and cross-crossed clasps! I pulled out some Fiji’s after seeing your’s. I didn’t wear these out, but I was playing with some of my strands this morning. I connected three different lengths of Fiji strands and wrapped them around.

View attachment 60625

These look lovely together!! Beautiful colors & size variety!!

lary007

Too hot and humid here for anything other than a pendant today. I've had 3 people at work today tell me they've never seen a pink pearl.

This is a largish (cant remember what size) drop shaped Edison pearl from PP's black Friday sale I think.

Attachments

• 20180625_141135.jpg
    20180625_141135.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 0

BWeaves

So hot today. I've definitely switched from ropes to pendants to keep the pearls off my sweaty neck. Sigh. I need to move somewhere cooler. I even cut my hair boy short, and it's still too hot.

Kasumi pearls from Kojima.

fullsizeoutput_780.jpg

My sister sent me this photo she took of me and my hubby in Amsterdam 2 weeks ago. I'm wearing the multicolored Tahitians from PP, and Mikimoto earrings. It was really hot that day and Greg is melting. The following day it was cold and I was wearing a turtleneck.

IMG_2265.jpg

Last edited:

86Corvettegirl

So hot today. I've definitely switched from ropes to pendants to keep the pearls off my sweaty neck. Sigh. I need to move somewhere cooler. I even cut my hair boy short, and it's still too hot.

Kasumi pearls from Kojima.

View attachment 60642

My sister sent me this photo she took of me and my hubby in Amsterdam 2 weeks ago. I'm wearing the multicolored Tahitians from PP, and Mikimoto earrings. It was really hot that day and Greg is melting. The following day it was cold and I was wearing a turtleneck.

View attachment 60643

Love the earrings & pendant. The pearls look a golden bronze color on my screen. You Tahitians are beautiful, too. How was Amsterdam?

CathyKeshi

That's Amsterdam ... one day you're hot, one day you're not :) We visited the flower gardens in early spring, on a sunny Saturday in 70 degree weather. Two days later, a storm front from the North Atlantic rolled in, RAIN, wind and temperatures in the 50's. I love the Netherlands.

jeg

Traveling Pearl
Thanks, KMFDallas!

Lary007, love the shape and color of your drop pendant!

BWeaves, those Kasumi’s are so pretty. Great photo, and at least it sounds like you were prepared with a turtleneck and all.

BWeaves

Amsterdam was one of my least favorite cities of the trip. The trip was amazing, so that's like saying freshwater pearls are my least favorite pearl. I'm not a city girl. I like the country and very small towns. In Amsterdam, I thought I was going to be run over all the time. I've never seen so many bicycles in my life, and they stop for no one. Imagine the most bikes you've ever seen in one place and multiply it by 10,000. I'm not exaggerating.

On the plus side, the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam was amazing. I made sure we bought tickets the night before and got there right when it opened, and then rushed upstairs to see the Rembrandt paintings right away. We had them to ourselves and my sister wanted to know why I rushed. 15 minutes later the hoard arrived and you couldn't get withing viewing distance of the Rembrandts, because it was so packed with people. Sister said, "OH, now I get it. Thanks." We only made it halfway through the museum before getting tired. We actually had famous painting overload.

For a while I was taking photos of any painting which showed someone wearing natural pearls. Then there were just too many. I'll have to dig through my photos and post some.

86Corvettegirl

Amesterdam sounds really crowded. I've always wanted to visit to see the museums, tulips, architecture, ect but haven't yet. I'm a country girl myself & get crowd overload. It still sounds like you had a good time.

ericw

lary007, the shape of your nice edison pearl is a rare perfect tear drop!
BWeaves, I agree you, Amsterdam is a magical town, like any built above waters (Venise is an other jewel)). It's a long time I haven't seen Amsterdam, are there always most number of ladies on bicycles? A time ago, only mans worked, in old town, and thus only womans were seen in the street, often wearing long deep blue pleated skirts.