• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

jeg

Traveling Pearl
Aloha! The traveling pearl and I are back in Hawaii! We are with a bunch of friends, so not enough time to get away for many pictures.

The traveling pearl was so excited to be on our beach walk this morning that it was bouncing all around with the trade winds and couldn’t focus.
3DD41FC3-7D97-4134-9EAF-BF7F9F55992B.jpg

More trade winds
18FD6927-F550-469B-927B-A308C31FFB45.jpg

They were getting ready to film an episode of Hawaii Five-O!
2676E1E0-9096-4887-9A76-D7018E3B7FAC.jpg

Pearl Dreams

Pearl Enthusiast
The temperature is actually above freezing since I can't remember when! I'm heading out to a late lunch at a local Mexican restaurant with my daughter, who has been slaving away at her senior Honors thesis and needs a break.

I'm wearing my cheapo lavender FW strand and similarly cheapo lavender button studs. I like the green overtones in some of the pearls. :D

Attachments

• lavender wheel freshwaters.jpg
    lavender wheel freshwaters.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 0
  • lavender button studs.jpg
    lavender button studs.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 0

CrazyMissy

I don't know how cheapo that is, but it looks gorge, PD!

I bought a pair of 12mm white ssps a couple of months back, and due to a very toxic yearend, I just got my first white ssp studs yesterday -- yes, I am THAT late.

They started out as this:
Golay studs.jpg

Had them set as studs with 18k rose gold. Voila!

golay white ssp set.jpg

Test drive!

golay white ssp ear.jpg

Let's all have a shiny shimmering new year -- and new pearl jewelry sounds like the right way to do it! :p

Luvglitz

Edison Pearl Necklace

Edison Pearl Necklace

I didn't have a chance to post these pictures of one of the treasures I snagged during one of the PP flash sales at Christmass. I have always been "in love" with metallic FW pearls, and I just couldn't help myself and bought this strand. It is described as 18" with the dominate colors being rich purple, magenta, dark coppers with flashes of green. And, in keeping with my mantra "bigger is better", the center pearl is 14.4mm. I took them with me to Florida to wear over the holidays and wore them on New Year's day.. The drop I attached is an eBay purchase.

Attachments

• Edison.jpg
    Edison.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Edisonstrand.jpg
    Edisonstrand.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 0
  • Edisonwithdrop.jpg
    Edisonwithdrop.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Edison1.jpg
    Edison1.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Edison3.jpg
    Edison3.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Edisonme.jpg
    Edisonme.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 0

BWeaves

That's stunning.

I haven't posted in a while.

My baroque T's from Kojima and Mom's ruby swan and ruby heart earrings. These T's really reflect the clothing they are on. They're not ombre in real life.

fullsizeoutput_513.jpg

Today, layers. My original rope, which I've restrung on Beader's Secret. It's now shorter than it used to be. It needs to relax a little. My deep blue Vietnamese akoyas from PP, and my natural white Hanadamas from PP. Earrings are blue baroque coffee beans from Kojima. And one of Mom's cameos with a diamond earring.

fullsizeoutput_514.jpg

annie

BWeaves, I love your blue akoya strand with that jacket.

I've been wearing a lot my long Tahitian rope with the 8 to 9 mm pearls. I recently hooked it to another T rope for a triple strand look:

IMG_5073 (2).jpg

I didn't wear it today with this top but this pictures has better color:

IMG_4945 (3).jpg

battah

I'm so behind here - BWeaves, I just love that swan brooch, it's really gorgeous. And the pearls, of course.

Annie, love those layers!! So decadent.

Pearl Dreams

Pearl Enthusiast
It's great to be back online!

These are color-shifting pearls from PP in the gold-peach-pink color, bought back in 2011. I have a hard time capturing the green and pink overtones that some of the pearls have.

colorshifting gold:peach:pink from PP.jpeg

battah

Man I had PG withdrawal yesterday! Those are beautiful, PD.

Here’s my POTD from yesterday - working from home today, so I’m not accessorized :) wearing Purr’s SoC mabes and my (finally repaired!) hydrangea ring.

FF1FB71F-36B1-4246-9045-7DB364AE4307.jpg

Pearl Dreams

Pearl Enthusiast
Splendid, Battah! Love them all.
We're heading out to do some grocery shopping. It's raining but at least it's not so cold today. One day's reprieve before the temp drops again.