Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

As promised on the 365 thread, I am wearing my Burmese SS ring today. It might be small, but this pearl was a stunner among stunners. Set in palladium with blue sapphires by T Lee. (Thank you for the chuckle from the 365, Cathy!)

Red, that ring is a stunner - a beautiful impact!!

Lovely pearls! I am blue with envy over the pearl and sapphire ring!

Here is a recent project, 14mm WSS baroque pearls set on a drop chain, 14k yellow gold from Riogrande. I usually wear studs so I thought I would try something different.

Pearly-Whites, your wss earrings look lovely on you! I'm so envious of those of you who wear long dangles - maybe I've never gotten used to them, they just never feel right on me. You wear them well!

I remember when you selected that pearl (I think). Such a beautiful setting, Red. Love how it all came together!

Newberry - Thanks. Here is my aubergine Tahitian strand with a burgundy sweater. The overtones actually photograph better with the green scarf because of the automatic color correction that the camera does.

Wow that made the overtones pop. A great strand!

Going through old posts... hanadama, I love this top (watercolor foxes, pg. 66)! Who is it by (if you don't mind me asking)?

I can officially wear my anniversary pearls today! 9-10mm metallic freshwater pearls! Paired with my metallic fireball pendant. Applogies for the blurry pics. I'm looking forward to many more anniversaries (and pearl gifts) to come!

Last edited by a moderator:
In the office today, reading papers (So. Many. Papers.) and decided to switch things up with some GSSP. I've almost got a parure going, just need to make a bracelet (I'm thinking one nice pearl with a cz roundelle on nice silver chain). Paired with tee shirt and leggings ;)
switch things up with some GSSP, Paired with tee shirt and leggings

Oh, Jersey, this is the same enhancer that I used on "the turnip" pendant. I took a look, the hinge mechanism is internal, so there's really no way to tighten it. I think the issue is that the snap is positioned on the bottom and easily catches on clothing, popping open. I'm going to email gempacked about it.

Msc love how u can just switch it up! How fun. I love interchangeable pieces.

Pearly whites oohhh I should really think about doing one in long dangles . Very nice

In the office today, reading papers (So. Many. Papers.) and decided to switch things up with some GSSP. I've almost got a parure going, just need to make a bracelet (I'm thinking one nice pearl with a cz roundelle on nice silver chain). Paired with tee shirt and leggings ;)

Oh, Jersey, this is the same enhancer that I used on "the turnip" pendant. I took a look, the hinge mechanism is internal, so there's really no way to tighten it. I think the issue is that the snap is positioned on the bottom and easily catches on clothing, popping open. I'm going to email gempacked about it.

I love the look you have going here with these goldens! So pretty. I would definitely email or even call them. I have had nothing but great experience with their customer service. I have been making some bracelets with diamond bars, and the design of one of the component items had changed and they were very responsive...found old stock which they then shipped immediately (and without extra charge). I think I know what you mean on the clasp design. It might still be able to be tightened slightly, if you are willing to experiment. The bar that latches on the underside of the clasp has to hit at the correct angle to latch it. It should click.

Kalmen...what a gorgeous color combination! I am beginning to learn so much more about my colors and pearl colors and I learn so much here. Interesting that "my colors" were for the most part colors that I like.

I have learned and copied from BN to play off of the overtones in the pearls and here is an example. These are champagne colored soufflés from Pearl Paradise. They do have amazing luster and are very light weight.
Champagne souffle pearls from Pearl Paradise
Souffle pearls from Pearl Paradise
Souffle freshwater pearls
Wearing my strand of Pearl Paradise souffle pearls
Souffle different lighting
No bead Chinese souffle freshwater pearls

MSC, I love the pairing of your delicate necklaces - I never tire of looking at them!

Kalmen, what a great color combo - You wear those colors so well!

Amazing lustrous soufflés, pearly-Whites! Color pairing really makes an impact.

MSC, I love your style! These pieces are so interesting and you look amazing in them! I hope you get to a ruckus, I'd love to meet you and see your pearls in person.

Kalmen those colors are perfect together! You look so elegant : )

Pearly-Whites, the souffles glow on your neck! Suits your skin tone beautifully.

Thank you, Kalmen, Jersey, lmgarden, and BN! I hope we can all meet at a Ruckus someday :)

Kalmen, I really like that pairing, it's so unexpected!

PW - your pearl collection is enviable!

Thank you MSC, JP, Pearly Whites, Baby Nurse, Imgarden
Been trying out colours with pearls instead of my usual black or white tops only. And I must say it has been fun.
Pearly whites - never has a chance to see a soufflé in real life. It does look huge with amazing luster. And I hear it's light. That would be lovely. My neck most definitely got a weight limit

Back