Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thank you, Cathy and newberry!

Cathy, I don't have another 18kt chain or SoC, but I do have more of those opals and red spinel. If you've got a special pearl and an old gold chain you want to sacrifice, I'd be happy to make something similar for you!

PW: The Swan is a large baroque pearl. Even the backside is gorgeous. It was hard to decide which side was going to be the right side. Originally I was going to just wear it as a pendant hanging from a bail so that all sides were visible, but I wanted a more interesting setting. It's set so that it can be removed with no damage if I decide I want to change the setting later on. The downside to this setting is that it's not obvious the pearl is good on all sides. The upside to this setting is that the pearl doesn't sit on my skin, so I won't sweat on it during the hot humid days in Florida. And I love it, and wear it often.

The Tahitian earrings are set with opals. They do kind of look like mother of pearl as well. The opals are very hard to photograph as their color comes out best in the sunshine, and the pearls look best in the shade.

Just unpacked some pearls after a trip away; pearls represented: P. maculata, P. sterna, GSSP, Akoya, Tahitian, and freshwater. All my American river pearls are locked away currently.
IMG_0092.jpg

Last edited:
As promised on the 365 thread, I am wearing my Burmese SS ring today. It might be small, but this pearl was a stunner among stunners. Set in palladium with blue sapphires by T Lee. (Thank you for the chuckle from the 365, Cathy!)
2017-01-22 12.03.09.jpg

Red this is such a great strand. Love it! When I met out roomie Kaysd for lunch last month she wore her strand with the same coloring with a burgundy/wine color dress. My eyes bugged out of my head. I think all three of us have strands very close in overtones. I immediately ran home and pulled all my pink/fushia/raspberry/burgundy sweater/tops out and tried them on and boy did the overtones pop. I also use beige with this strand but now Kaysd convinced me to branch out. Try it if you wear any of those colors. (mine is the tin cup that I wore on Friday night of the ruckus)

Newberry - Thanks. Here is my aubergine Tahitian strand with a burgundy sweater. The overtones actually photograph better with the green scarf because of the automatic color correction that the camera does.

2017-01-22 12.04.18.jpg

Oh, Red!!! I do NOT remember seeing this pearl set in its' setting ... how gorgeous is that??? Stunningly beautiful; thanks for the photo :)

MSC! How I wish I could rummage through your jewellery box!

Red, your ring is sensational! Blue sapphires and WSSP, what a stunning combination.

Yes, I second a year thread for both of you after BN!

I'd like to play in yours too, hanadama!

Phone posting with the flipped photos is so annoying. I've right sided it now:
IMG_0092.jpg

WOW, that got my attention ... really gorgeous, with a hint of playfulness ... delightful!

MSC, I'd have so much fun going through your stash! Love It all, and all the fun pieces you whip up!

Red - I don't remember seeing photos of that ring before ...how amazing is that pearl ! The beard design is really interesting , a very modern and different take on the standard halo band ....love it , absolutely love it !

The colour of those Tahitians- the really do pop with that green and purple !

MSC - well you e got some serious loot there girl ! Lol. And your new ring ..how cute !

Lovely pearls! I am blue with envy over the pearl and sapphire ring!

Here is a recent project, 14mm WSS baroque pearls set on a drop chain, 14k yellow gold from Riogrande. I usually wear studs so I thought I would try something different.
.IMG_1212.jpgIMG_1213.jpg

Back