Show us your menagerie

That crab of yours is my zodiac...what a cool PMC creation

Spider's truly are misunderstood, I'am also glad to have them in my garden as well. Years ago I helped design a brooch for a customer that was black gold, a tahitian pearl body and green & orange garnet legs. Probably one of my favorite creations come to life via a talented goldsmith.

So many wonderful critters...spiders are a particular favorite of mine (in the garden and as a motif for jewelry). I think it stems from Charlotte's Web being my all time favorite book.

Here is the newer member of my Tahitian Pearl zoo:

IMG_0010.jpg

Pewter Eagle
grasping a snake

I loved the deep swirls on the pearl they were so cosmic.

(wire wrapped pearl & amethyst bead, sorry for crappy pics)

This is a better picture I think:

Del.jpg

Thank you everyone...I can take no credit for the creation of this piece. It was another Christmas gift. I will have a heavier chain placed on it, but in truth it is very big almost too big (but I secretly like the stares lol). I really like the movement of the wings (it is articulated). If I can find out any details of purchase (place purchased etc) I will share.

JerseyPearl - Although I did not cast this one myself, I have toyed with the idea of pewter and Tahitian pearls. I have done some brief search on single burner casting. I've got an idea for an owl that is also articulated. I am in the middle of intensive techie training so not sure I will have anytime to play with the idea.

Not sure if this thread is too terribly popular but it is one of my favorites.
So here is my new addition: Creepy or edgy ? I already know some of you are not bug fans lol :p

my spider.jpg

This is somewhat temporary, until I decide on the the proper size jump rings etc ( Kinda like the look as is but not 100% sold)...the pearl might change as well, to a more round pearl. Thoughts anyone?

It's so BIG! If I saw it out of the corner of my eye, I might jump! But, I do like it. :)

I like the proportions on this piece...I don't think a round pearl would be as distinctive as the drop, given the larger circles on the jump rings. If you do go to a rounder pearl, then I would use either elongated oval jump rings, or move to a smaller size. I like it as it is...kind of like the spider is using his web (or is it a her) to reach the prize of the pearl (prey).

It is interesting you say this last part. A friend of mine was working on sketches of a White SSP drop as the body of a fly...just for the reason you mentioned :). I was hesitant...but then she mentioned making the pearl drops interchangeable (different prey items in different pearl colors) cool idea but not sure about a Fly shaped pearl. We'll see if I come around. If I do I'll share them here if others are interested.

I'm fine with it being a "her", I think I prefer it, makes it even more edgy...female spiders usually devour the male spiders after mating., and the females are typically much bigger too. Powerful females are not a bad thing (two legged or eight! )

Disclosure: Spider is from FTRKAM on Etsy.

I like the proportions on this piece...I don't think a round pearl would be as distinctive as the drop, given the larger circles on the jump rings. If you do go to a rounder pearl, then I would use either elongated oval jump rings, or move to a smaller size. I like it as it is...kind of like the spider is using his web (or is it a her) to reach the prize of the pearl (prey).

Go Big or go home I guess lol. I really like oddities, or non traditional. I find things and alter them or have them altered all the time to suit my own vision. I have a huge pewter Octopus that nearly matched a sketch I drew years ago. Pearls dangled from each of the eight legs in some shape or form. It isn't for my collection, but the idea never left me. I am still working on a "Dragon and Golden South Sea pearl" idea, though my sketch isn't to my liking just yet...still a work in progress :) I am just glad to be some what sketching ideas again. (My ramble is over...and thanks for the kind words!)

It's so BIG! If I saw it out of the corner of my eye, I might jump! But, I do like it. :)

Mostly odd looks...but that could just be me and not the pendant LOL

BPDDC, Bet you get tone of compliments on this piece! Handsome!!

There is a very personal meaning behind the symbol of an eagle for me and my Grandfather (R.I.P- Grandaddy)

Very attractive and manly!

Back