Show us your Black Friday Purchases!

Oh holy smokes. That blue enhancer with the blue akoya....I die. Imgarden, is that two tone( souffle?) enhancer attached with a pendant holder of some kind, or is the pearl an enhancer clasp?

Sea Urchin, what a nice strand you have coming ... so exciting to have that anticipation and excitement!

Peonyrose, I LOVE those "spaceship" earrings ... how delightful!!

lmgarden, what lovely combos you've put together. I have 2 strands of those white baroque akoyas ... I love the way you put the smaller pearls nested inside ... I have to try that ... and those blues ... OOOHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Peonyrose, your necklaces are lovely- please post pics!! I bought the same earrings- wore them all day in spite of their weight!

BW, thanks... the clasp was the only thing unaffected by the Aqua Net!

Thank you, Sea Urchin and Katbran!

Thank you, Hanadama, they are indeed baroques! I forgot to mention the smaller white akoya necklace is a 7.5-8mm Hanadama strand. The 10mm baroques really hold their own next to it.

Thank you, Moneymeister! The large pearl is a fireball attached to the strand by a 14k yg enhancer I bought from Rio Grande. They have many sizes and metal types.

Thank you, Cathy!! I thought about buying the smaller baroque strand to wear with the 10mm, but it holds up so well with my small hanadama strand, I decided against it. Btw, I saw your lovely pistachio bracelet at PP before it was mailed - I absolutely ADORE!! Perhaps you'll post pics????!!!!

lmgardens, I'm on cell and in car, sigh ... so no photo posting But, there is a photo of the V. Akoya pistachio bracelet on the first page of the My Vietnamese Akoyas thread I did. Scroll down to the pistachio necklace; the bracelet photo is the last photo on that post. Love that bracelet; it turned out better than I imagined ... and there are a few pearls left .. and sketches :)

A last minute sale purchase!

IMG_5853.jpg

IMG_5854.jpg

hanadama, lovely colours! is it the cherry oval tahitian strand? waiting for the neckshot))

Thanks ladies! I'm making a bracelet for my step-mum and the rest will go into a rope! I've been slowly collecting Ts to make a rope and I think I finally have enough!

Laguna, no this isn't the cherry strand! These pearls are smaller and described as dark body with intense peacock and cherry overtones.

Hanadama, that aubergine strand is gorgeous - we want neck shots!

Thanks lmgarden!

So I just ordered this one too! Definitely set for my rope now :D

IMG_5749.jpg

My peacock/cherry strand is on the left and the new dark silver strand on the right. Both are baby strands 6-8mm!

IMG_5855.jpg

IMG_5856.jpg

IMG_5857.jpg

The peacock strand is more blemished but it doesn't bother me and I love the colours.

I'm going to reevaluate my stash when these arrive and may return my 8-10mm oval silver Ts from the sale. The smaller strands seem to be brighter, more colourful.

IMG_6592.jpg

IMG_6575.jpg

Last edited:
I can't wait to see your rope, hanadama!

Here's my late Christmas purchase, Tahitian ovals 9.something to 12mm. I used to wonder why so many of the ladies on here had multiple Tahitian strands but, er, this is number four for me so now I get it lol. However, if I could only keep one, this would be it! I think the greenish color really suits my skin tone. I'm a blonde-ish type and it passes for black but at the same time is a bit softer than black.

I'll post neck shots in a couple of days. Right now my skin is too much under the effects of a chemical peel and I'm hiding under a rock until I finish molting.

T-2.jpg

T-3.jpg

T-1.jpg

Last edited:
Sea Urchin, amazing strand! painfully reminds me that somehow I still don't have classical green/peacock tahitians myself. True envy this time. Lucky you! I haven't even seen this strand on PP sale))

Back