Sea of Cortez on eBay

Red

I get a ping from eBay whenever a Sea of Cortez pearl auction appears, and this one hit my in-box yesterday. I recognize the distinctive flattened oval shape of Chinese freshwater pearls. During the ruckus Douglas was telling me about how thousands of strands of Chinese freshwater imports are being sold in Mexico as his pearls. I said, surely you can tell by the inexpensive price, and he said not always.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sea-of-Cortez-Pearls-/252050260452?

I particularly love how the seller crushed a pearl to show it was a natural. :rolleyes:

SoC_Not.jpgcyndesouffle zpsee166913

Buyer beware.

Saw this yesterday too and almost vomited. Hope he will do the right thing and that no one will buy them!

Hahahah Pattye, I just know you're heartbroken that he's upset with you!

I see that he also corrected his comments to say that the pearls are made by an oyster instead of a clam.

A N D ~ " The last photo you can see the layers on the piece in the front. That is also the one with the grain. " Could it be the grain of sand???

Lary007, how is it possible you know me personally!!?? These kind of listings are like nails on a chalkboard to me. Just can't give the seller the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Douglas should report the photo for copyright infringement. He is the owner of the photo and that may get the listing pulled.

Shameful; good work Red and Pattye, and hesps of shame on the vendor!

Making excuses for using another person's photo without permission doesn't excuse using it. :mad:

Back