Round or Baroque/Circle or Both?

dkan 168

If money is not object, would you buy baroque/circle Tahitian jewellery instead of those with round pearls? :confused:

Personally, I believe baroque/circle Tahitian jewellery is less formal, and more suited for day to day wear. They will always have a place in my jewellery box ;)

However, for a grand formal occassion, then I would opt for a big round strand with diamond rondelles between the pearls, 10mm to 12mm, grey with peacock overtone will do nicely! :D

How about you?

DK :)

As for tahitians, I`ve stangely seen more colourful round ones than colourful baroque ones... So I`d go for round in most cases. I think drops are nice for earrings though, or pendants.

I too like drops for pendants and earrings :)

Ditto to what Sheryl said. Some baroque has the best lustre and just shimmers. Whatever it is with the different crystal layers, they are fantastic. It was LOVE at first sight when I saw the "loot" pearls. I also agree with Mervione that I've seen more colorful round ones than baroque. DK, why not get both? In most cases, the larger the baroque the less colorful they are. It goes for round too, IMO. Look at Keira Knightley's baroque strand and Nancy Pelosi's. The size is humongous. But they are mostly gray and not that lustrous. I'd rather have smaller and lustrous, colorful pearls. But that's just me.

Last edited:
Which one? 21.7 and 23.3mm? or the 16+mm pair? Yep, they are nice. I am just not a white pearl girl. I go for colors and I mean colors. :)

There is a 20.8mm and a 19.5mm black Tahitian drop, and I can see the orient in both :) Can't decide which one to choose :confused:

There is also a 18.7mm SSP with silver overtone in a white gold pendant setting which caught my eye too :D

Wow. If it were me, I pick the 18.7mm SS. Color is more rare. Maybe it's my monitor. Looks slightly silvery blue. Surface seems cleaner w/o those little blobs on the pearls like the other two.

Which one? 21.7 and 23.3mm? or the 16+mm pair? Yep, they are nice. I am just not a white pearl girl. I go for colors and I mean colors. :)

I only wear black and white pearls, other colours don't suit me :(

Wow. If it were me, I pick the 18.7mm SS. Color is more rare. Maybe it's my monitor. Looks slightly silvery blue. Surface seems cleaner w/o those little blobs on the pearls like the other two.

I am watching the SSP pendant now :D

DK ;)

Rounds. What I wouldn't give for a multi-colored gem quality round strand 9-10mm ...

So far the Tahitians that have caught my eye the most have always been the baroque ones. Same goes for white SSP.

I think it depends what you're going to wear them with and the look you're trying to create. I love the unique shapes and color variations of the baroques, and they often have high luster. But for a more formal look I would go for the AAA rounds and choose a strand with a deeper color and particularly high luster and noticeable overtone. In a pendant I like the drop shape Tahitians.

I would love to have a 13mm to 16mm baroque SSP necklace one day :) I prefer them to round SSPs for some reason :confused:

I prefer round ones every time even though some of the baroques can be very nice. But I do not want a size that?s larger than max 12,5 mm, becauser larger pearls will be perceived as fakes in most cases and personally I find them a bit vulgar even if it?s SS or a Tahitian necklace.:D

All of the above? I love circled pearls, especially doubled or tripled. I'd take a drop shaped pendant over a round any day. My dream is a round, gem quality, jawbreaker sized strand of multi-colored Tahitians.

Yes, me too - I love 'em all....
I wear whatever the mood or occasion dictates...
For me, each different type has it's own unique properties.
Or maybe I'm just greedy.......:D

Back