Reputable source for button pearls?

allstrungout

Hello there fellow beaders!

I am currently trying to source some pearls to extend a customer's existing button pearl strand, and would like to find a reputable supplier. I ordered a strand from eBay and am less than thrilled with what arrived - not button pearls at all! They were more like slightly flattened off-round pearls. So, back to the drawing board for me.
I am considering placing an order with youpearl.com, but would like to reach out to you first to get your opinions. Are you confident that what they send will match their photos? Do you know of another, maybe better source?

I've included a picture of the pearls that I need to match (6.5-7mm), along with a picture of the existing strand with the sub-par eBay pearls.

Button pearl strand.jpgButton pearl strands.jpg

I have ordered once from youpearl and I think that what I received was okay, especially for the price. I know that a lot of people from this forum have ordered from wenpearls on etsy too. In my experience they are pretty good at representing their pearls fairly. Everything I've ordered has been exactly as shown, but I do select specific pearls/pairs/strands from the pictures in the listing to buy. I know she will also take pictures of things if you are looking for something very specific that she just has a standard listing for. I have also had to contact youpearl and he (Ryan) did respond quickly. I'm sure he would be willing to take pictures of any items he had that matched your needs, too. Both vendors ship out quickly but I have noticed that on average, wenpearls does get to me quicker (I live in Louisiana). Hope this helps!

I second those recommendations. I've heard decent things about YouPearl but haven't used them. Wen responds pretty quickly to emails, and what I've received from them is pretty fairly represented in their photos.

On Etsy (and I believe on eBay) you can convo the seller and attach a photo of the strand you need to match.

I think sending the potential vendor a photo PLUS the pearl dimensions you need is a good idea. Good Luck!

I have bought from both you pearl and wen pearls. I like wen better specifically because she is so wonderful at taking pictures and letting you choose from her available stock.

I also wanted to suggest WenPearls on Etsy. I have only good experience with her. Send her a picture about your strand, I'm sure she can find something matching!

Thank you all so much!

I have sent a detailed message to Wen, who I was not familiar with. I have been restringing pearls for years, but lately I keep needing to supply pearls and haven't know where to turn, other than Rio Grande (limited stock, high prices), Stuller, and a few online shops like artbeads.com. I would love to have some great suppliers to turn to, and it looks like WenPearls might be a fantastic start.

That looks exactly like a rondelle strand of pearls that Honora sells via QVC. Here's a link
http://www.qvc.com/Honora-Cultured-Pearl-Rondel-Graduated-36-Sterling-Necklace.product.J329929.html?sc=J329929-Targeted&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-30-_-J329929&catentryImage=http://images.qvc.com/is/image/j/29/j329929.001?$uslarge$

I agree with JerseyPearl ... and there are often Honora strands on eBay etc. at very reasonable prices.

Back