Reputable source for a replacement gem quality pearl?

Kimberly

I have a ring given to me 30+ years ago by a former boyfriend. The pearl has long since lost it's luster and I'd like to replace it so I can give the ring to my daughter. She looks far better in pearls than I ever did, so I think she'd wear this ring even more than I did before the boyfriend and I broke up. :)

I was able to remove the pearl from it's setting by gently twisting. Now I need to find a 7mm replacement. The setting is 14kt yellow gold with diamonds on both sides. Nothing all that special, except for it's sentimental history. For color I'd like to find a creamy white with rose undertones. I want to avoid pure white or anything with a silvery cast, since the setting is yellow gold and my daughter typically wears jewelry that is rose gold. Pretty sure the pearl I would want is probably considered the highest gem quality, which makes sense since it'll be a single pearl in a ring.

Who are the reputable sources for purchasing pearls?

Pearl Paradise would be one good source. You can check their website for loose pearls. Although they seem to sell pearls in sets of four, if you contact them directly they would probably be happy to work with you. Or maybe you will decide to get a pair of earrings to complement the ring...

I had decided on Akoya, THEN I saw photos on this site of the metallic freshadama pearl. Pearl Paradise is not showing those for sale as loose half-drilled pearls though, except in the drop shape. I may wait to see if they get those back in stock.

Definitely give them a call. They really do have some wonderful things that never make it to the website if there's only a few of them. They can send you photos.

Back