Report from Tucson

GemGeek

Pearlista
I went to see Sarah Canizzaro of Kojima Company at the Pueblo show today. Needless to say, she's a terrific model for Kamoka pearls...
sarah modeling.jpg

More of Josh's darlings. Kojima moves to the GJX show tomorrow. There's still time to fly into Tucson...
009.jpg

Here are some fabulous freshwaters...
008.jpg

Doesn't being a pearl dealer look glamorous?
003.jpg

Oh, and my one little purchase, a lavender Japanese Kasumi peal ring. I'm officially broke now. (sorry, bad lighting - maybe I'll try to take a daylight shot).
019.jpg

Cheers,
Blaire

Last edited:
One more. Remember those sweet little rings with the pearl borders?

005.jpg

Actually, they were pretty big, and check out the necklaces...

Lust. Total lust. I truly had hoped the sweet little rings looked just like that...

Have fun, Blaire, and we look forward to more reports!

The freshwater keshis are amazing! So are the rings! In fact, everything is wonderful! If I weren't dead broke from tinting my windows ...

Thanks! I'm off to bed now. Tomorrow I attend the Accredited Gemologists Association Conference and Dinner Dance. Not sure if I can sneak photos at other shows. I had to wait for the show police to move along before I took these. ;)

Have a terrific day!
Blaire

Ooh Blaire, I love your little purchase!! How I wish I was with you. I know I'd get into as much trouble as you.

Just home from partying with the Canadians! No camera tonight, sorry. ;)

Hi Blaire - Thank you for your post! I'm agog over Sarah's neckful of pearls.

Oh my, all these pearls are to die for!!! drool drool! hehe :)

Oh, oh, oh. I want to be there, but luckily I did not get it together. My plan was to fly out Thurs. night and come back this Sun., but never booked. Scared about the costs. As it turned out my appendix went sour Mon. night and I went into surgery on Tues. a.m. It didn't burst, but was "messy," and that coupled with the end of a bronchial thing, caused 2 days of fever and yada-yada-yada, I wasn't released until this morning. Would have made going to Tucson hard. I guess the pearl gods were looking out for me. I guess I'll just live vicariously this year. Blaire and Caitlin and anyone else that is there, have fun for me and all us holding down the pearl homefront.

I spent the day at AGTA and GJX. They are always my first stops. The quality is usually the best all around at those two shows and it's good to set my standards high at first. I bought some really gorgeous baroque FWP at Sea Hunt. They only buy natural and for lustre. When I get some natural light I will take a picture. Prices do seem to be down and more easily negotiable. It doesn't seem as crowded, although I haven't been out of this area.
I up for some socializing if anyone else is available.

Sorry I've been out of the loop. I went to Gem Jam Wednesday night and had a great time. Paul Klecka was soliciting groupies on Facebook, so I offered to be his designated groupie for the night...

DSCN1907.jpg

The next day I met up with Jeremy Norris at GJX and we talked rare pearls and I got some photos for my upcoming lecture (on rare pearls). I also ran into Elisabeth Strack and we talked about her book. I will be at her lecture on Sunday and hope to see the Pearl-Guide group - Yay!

At AGTA, Columbia Gem House/Tri-Gem had many near-round Sea of Cortez pearls. I see a ring in my future, but not this year. One big pearl ring a year is enough for my budget! ;)

Today I went to the Westward Look Mineral Show, which is the high-end mineral show. It was completely amazing. <sigh> Tomorrow I have lectures, definitely Bill Larson, still deciding on the others.

I really wish you all could be here. We all could use more beauty in our lives! ;)

Cheers,
Blaire

Thanks, Blaire, for the report. Sarah's necklaces are beautiful. I like her dress very much as well as the torsade. And Blaire, you look fabulous!

Back