Please Don't Judge Me - I know I have a Pearl Problem

Jeweljunke

Ok, here goes - I need to join Pearls Anonymous, because here is a small part of my collection. There were no touchups or enhancements to the photos. Top photo is new SofC pendant I put together last week. The tahitian strand I purchased in December from Pearl Oasis. The tahitian bracelets I made, the one with the yellow clasp is made from pearls collected from Ehret. And I added the tourmaline earrings that I made, just cause I like em. The white SS pearl I bought from John Tu at the Costa Mesa, Ca Gem Faire. He has the absolute best pearls. Since everyone has been discussing goldens lately, I added mine. And last, but not least, there is my SofC silvery pearls I set in sterling silver with metallic FW pink pearls. Oh, and I almost forgot, my 14.5mm tahitian with green overtones set in 18kWG. Well - it does feel better to get my pearly little secret out there. Do you think it will help me stop? Not a chance.

Attachments

• sunset
    sunset
    56.5 KB · Views: 44
  • the skipper
    the skipper
    76 KB · Views: 45
  • Ice water
    Ice water
    40.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Porky me, Fat but still sexy
    Porky me, Fat but still sexy
    70.8 KB · Views: 44
  • bald eagles fishing
    bald eagles fishing
    56.2 KB · Views: 46
  • The bruce
    The bruce
    80.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Port Douglas
    Port Douglas
    29.1 KB · Views: 49
  • whirl a gigs
    whirl a gigs
    75.6 KB · Views: 43
  • aus 039
    aus 039
    50.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Exterior
    Exterior
    38.6 KB · Views: 43
BIG EYES!!!! Your jewels are not Junke! What an exquisite collection.

Pearl fever is a virus. Once it is in your system, it's in there, like chicken pox. You never know when it will flare up, but the only palliative is more pearls!

EEEK

'Pearldar' has gone mad

Have had to call Pearldar.com on their technical support hot-line

they're trying to talk me through a re-boot

Back soon.....:eek:

WOW!!! Some beautiful pieces!!!!

cheers
Ash!

Gorgeous!! I especially love the pink freshwaters with the grey cortez dangles... if this is only a small part of your collection, I'd love to see the rest!!

No one here will judge you, my dear :) Your collection is amazingly beautiful. And if it is a collection, well then, one must keep on collecting!

Thanks guys. Pattye - I LOVE John Tu. The SS is 12mm and is so silvery in person, and you would NOT believe the price if I told you (and he drilled it for me right there on the spot).

Adeline - the sterling SoC earrings are very much one of my favs too, but I keep thinking I have to redo them in karat gold to do the SofC pearls justice. After I leave this world (and not by spacecraft), I wouldn't want anyone to think they are inexpensive pearls. I have been meaning to search for an app to inventory my jewelry. My husband is kind of clueless as to the cost of things and if I go first he would not know where to start (we have no children, but I do have 4 sweet nieces).

Syd - Believe me-your collection WILL grow. I started a VERY long time ago and I have to say that even I am embarassed about the amount of jewelry, not just pearls, I have. Had to get a safe to put it in - you guys just don't want to know.

Back now...

Dian - errrrrr, a small part of your collection.... what I want to know if how big is the safe, can you walk in it...., you know like one of those fridges, or a shoe cupboard......

They are so lovely, needless to say that I have been zooming in on the SoCs , but I also keep going back to look at those Golds (in the 2 photos towards the end that also show off the tourmalines best - spectacular and ginormous......:cool:

Thanks for posting them

Here's a couple more. Assortment of SS, tahitian, FW. The FW at the bottom is 20" long and 11+mm:

Attachments

• InteriorI
    InteriorI
    35.4 KB · Views: 47
  • Interior III
    Interior III
    25 KB · Views: 54
  • 11 12mm (2)
    11 12mm (2)
    45.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 11 12mm (3)
    11 12mm (3)
    45.8 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC02188
    DSC02188
    8.3 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC02206
    DSC02206
    62.8 KB · Views: 53
I was having a nap, and then I heard squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak

'Pearldar' is on the case

Love them ! - especially the HUGE freshwaters..... and the little pink 'pears', and, and.....:rolleyes:

Beautiful collection!!! You said "small part"...hmm...want to see more!

More?
Just received the tahitian yesterday, it is 14.7mm and makes my SS earrings in the photo look small.

Attachments

• DSC03468
    DSC03468
    78.3 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC03469
    DSC03469
    24.3 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC03452
    DSC03452
    46.4 KB · Views: 52
Back