Pearl Paradise keshi strands

aerinha

haven't posted in a LONG time, but I was curious if anyone got a PP tahitian keshi strand and what the color was? Is there a color choice if you contact them or all they all about the same? Thanks.

I looked long and hard at those strands, LOVE keishi!! :cool: Just not in my budget right now-----------keishi have so many overtones, I wouldn't hesitate to call if I was seriously interested. :)

I was thinking about them too... but I decided I wanted baroques more and 2 necklaces just aren't in the budget!!

Welcome back! You know, I've been waiting this whole time for you to post pics of your exotics. I love those keishis. I'm going to order a strand. Kojima has Josh steel blues for a bit more that are wonderful, too.

keshi

keshi

I took a chance and ordered the keshi strand from PP. I don't like silver and gray pearls much. I saw some loose keshi in a pearl shop in Hanalei, Kauai and did not think they look attractive. They were too dark for my taste and weren't as lustrous as I would like. My strand arrived and it is silvery gray :). But I really like it. It is really lustrous and has light blue orient, maybe some light pink. A few looks slightly bronze or copper. Some pearls look like nuggets and the center pearls are wide and flat. They all have their own character. I like the ones that are scrunched up the best, where they dip and are wrinkly in the center (color is dark there). They are dainty but I like them much better than the Biwa FW pearls. You know by now that I have soft spots for Tahitians. This is the 16" strand. Here are some pictures:

Attachments

• IMG_3000_1_1.JPG
    IMG_3000_1_1.JPG
    192.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3002_1_1.JPG
    IMG_3002_1_1.JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
another

another

One more picture. I hope this answers aerinha's questions or those who are thinking about purchasing.

Attachments

• IMG_3001_1_1.JPG
    IMG_3001_1_1.JPG
    204.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Hi Cathy,

Those look just fab on you! So much character with all the color variations, too! Bet you will get tons of compliments! Thanks a bunch for modeling them!!

They really are interesting looking-- and they do look better than the photo on the PP website. Thank you for posting the photos.

pics

pics

The lighting is better today. I added some more pictures to show the green, blue, pink, bronze orient.

Attachments

• IMG_3075_1_1.JPG
    IMG_3075_1_1.JPG
    237.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3076_1_1.JPG
    IMG_3076_1_1.JPG
    210.3 KB · Views: 37
Thanks for all the photos Cathy. They are lovely on you!!
I have resisted so far!
Robin

Cathy,

Those are just plain enchanting! Thanks for the additional photos!

Those are fabulous! I love the flashes of pink in the strand.

Enjoy your beautiful strand!!

I think we all took one look at that strand and then imagined slowly running our fingers over it's smooth surface and...

Uhm!:eek:

Back to reality. Verdict is in: you've got some fab pearls Cathy. (I'm just a tad jealous, :rolleyes: just a tad)

I got a strand of tahitian keshis from Pearl Paradise about 4-6 months ago - they are 9.4-13mm. There are a lot of greys with bluish overtones, some coppers with greyish or metallic brown shine. Not as many pinks as Cathy's, but wearing them with a light blue sweater makes them glow blue. They're fabulous - I LOVE them. The have that 'wet' look with the way the color plays on them.

This is the best pic we have. Pearls are a new obsession for me, so our practice getting photos is severely limited! :rolleyes:

Carol

Attachments

• keshis.JPG
    keshis.JPG
    267.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Hi Carol,
You have a nice, large strand. The keshis just glow. I believe the camera picks up colors that are not too obvious to our naked eyes. The blue and green on mine are more easily detected than the pink glow though.

I know what you mean about taking pictures. I can point and shoot nature OK. But I do have trouble with pearls. My photoshop skill is even worse. My best pictures are the ones that are taken in the best light. With poor diffused light, photoshop did not help much. Most of my photos I posted here are as is, but some had to be fixed like the last two posted though.

Back