Pearl Guide Ruckus 2010

Love all the photos!!! Looks like you all had a great time. I was thinking of you all weekend, when I wasn't fretting and cramming for my trial...which is finally over! After much arguing and a long session of haggling with the very sneaky and aggressive opposing counsel, we managed to settle this afternoon. I'm utterly exhausted. Can't help but think that the "power pearls" I was wearing -15mm SS mixed gold rounds - helped my powers of persuasion...or at least brought me good karma!;)

I do hope there will be another ruckus next year...would like to get it on my calendar WAYYY in advance next time! I promise to make a pearly corset...maybe with the addition of a couple of strategically placed oyster shells...

Thanks for the report and images...so sorry to have missed it!

Sheri

I suggest setting the weekend of July 22-24, 2011 now. That way people can plan, save up, and we'll all enjoy a bigger and better ruckus. ;)

A small correction: I made powerpoint presentations for Steve and Mikeyy. Renee and Douglas had their own terrific presentations.

I suggest setting the weekend of July 22-24, 2011 now. That way people can plan, save up, and we'll all enjoy a bigger and better ruckus. ;)

Yes, I second that. Hopefully it'll be ok with Jeremy's schedule. For me, the sooner I put my request down on the dept vacation calendar, the better chance they approve it.

I am already there. I will never miss it again! I, like Sheri, was fretting all weekend....

For weeks I tried finding a exceptable excuse not to go to the Ruckus after I said I would. I am so glad that every time I thought up one something or someone interviened before I could send an email to Jeremy or Blaire with the excuse for not being there. Being a new Pearl Guide member I was not sure what my reception would be and how I would ever feel comfortable with a group of people that I did not know. Well, let me just say I had the time of my life. There is nothing better than seeing, talking and learning about pearls with the members of this truly amazing, wonderful group. Thank you for just being the wonderful people you naturally are.

Jeremy you and your staff put on a pearlie weekend better than I could even imagine. You were a wonderful host to us all with your generosity and hospitality. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I eagerly look forward to next years Ruckus.

What great pictures and comments from the Ruckus. I have been on hiatus for awhile. I have to say I have missed the boards. I really enjoyed reading everyone's comments. In the famous words of Michael Corleone " just when I thought I was out.........they pull me back in". Enough said.

I suggest setting the weekend of July 22-24, 2011 now.

With my work schedule, after the 20th or 21st is much better too. I cannot take off from the 5th workday of the month until approximately the 20th or so.

Yes I have smuggled everything into Australia. I feel just like a criminal. Ha ha

And BTW thanks Jeremy. You were a good host before and after the ruckus.

Cynde, I am glad you came too!
Everyone must be back next year. It is not too early to submit ideas for next year's seminars either.

Blaire, Thanks for the correction, all the presentations were great and you only helped on three of them!

Yes, Thanks loads Blaire. You made my presentation much better then it might have been.

You have a stash here Mikeyy? How come I haven't seen it yet??

Thank you all for the vivid description and the wonderful photos.
I could almost taste the food and smell the perfumes, it was more difficult to follow the lectures though.....;)

A pity to have missed the event again.......

Nora, I was thinking the same about the lectures.... is there any chance we could post the notes from the lectures onto P-G somewhere... like a Proceedings of the ICPGC 2010?

Just a thought...

P.S. Thank you for the 'stash' - much appreciated but sadly no caviar :(

Back