Pearl Guide Ruckus 2010

Love the bracelet Caitlin. A great thank you for the work you do to help us pearl lovers congregate and appreciate pearls. Who designed it?

P.S. Thank you for the 'stash' - much appreciated but sadly no caviar :(

Well you can't have everything - because where would you put it?

Really missed you this year. If you want a mini-ruckus, there's always Hawaii! :D

Love the bracelet Caitlin. A great thank you for the work you do to help us pearl lovers congregate and appreciate pearls. Who designed it?

Hisano designed it! I ended up getting a full third of those purloined pearls! Some of the most exciting pearls I have ever seen.

Hisano's design is is so modern, even edgy in its combination of materials. I have asked her to design a ring for the other one I have. Now I don't have to rummage through findings to find something that fits!

Thanks! I love this forum and love to help Jeremy and staff by doing the clean up around here. I also managed to stick my nose in the Seminar planning and hope to do it next year, too!

I suggest setting the weekend of July 22-24, 2011 now. That way people can plan, save up, and we'll all enjoy a bigger and better ruckus. ;)

I second that motion!!! Jeremy??? Mikeyy??? All in favor?????

I've already put it on my calendar as a "tentative".

Sheri

I think we should go for it. ;)

Absolutely! Pencil in the weekend of July 22nd.

Also, if there is anything you would like to learn about in pearls, mention it here. Maybe Blaire can come up with the concept as she did this year, but all suggestions are welcome- you may have the one that sets the theme!

When we spend out this thread, I'll start one for next year and make it a sticky, so be sure to keep next year in mind as you go through the pearlie year in between.

Passing thought, I would like to see a seminar on natural pearls with some basic pointers and tips on where to buy them. This is Jeremy Norris' field of expertise- and a lot, if not all, of the naturals Jeremy Shepherd features are from J Norris. I'd love to hear JN speak; he is a top expert. He has very high-end jewelry, the Monili line- so we would have something to save for! And maybe he has some non-Monili and/or unset pearls for us to choose from--just a thought.

Please correct me if I got his line name wrong.

I just wanted to echo my appreciation to all that worked so hard to plan, host, and execute such a fabulous event!! Jeremy, Sheryl, Blaire, Caitlin, & Mike, you guys plan a mean ruckus. Thanks to Jewelmer & Pearl Paradise for being such excellent hosts! And thanks to all the seminar presenters, Blaire, Mike, Renee Newman, Doug, & Steve!!

The weekend was so much fun and so educational. Here are a few pictures from the speakers on Saturday. Blaire, Mike, Steve, Doug, & Renee Newman:

Attachments

• blaire.jpg
    blaire.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 43
  • mike.jpg
    mike.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 42
  • steve.jpg
    steve.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 40
  • doug.jpg
    doug.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 38
  • renee newman.jpg
    renee newman.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 39
Here are some of the shells that Mike brought for his presentation. I never knew that there were so many different shells used in bead production.

Attachments

• Mike's shell.jpg
    Mike's shell.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 40
Here are some of the Corte Mabe's that Doug brought. The one on the bottom of the picture is lit up with a UV light. That red flourescence is so cool!

Attachments

• UV Cortez pearl.JPG
    UV Cortez pearl.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 40
Mike,
At the airport, I don't know how my stash showed up on the screen, but the TSA agent made me open my carry-on bag for inspection.

I like taking candid photos. Here are some pictures from Friday. We had drinks in the Sheraton lounge. First, Blaire and Mikeyy (Kether and Caitlin in the background); Douglas and Sheryl (Waimeamomi); Kether, Marianne and Caitlin (Pattye in the background).

Attachments

• IMG_4686_1.JPG
    IMG_4686_1.JPG
    215.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4687_1.JPG
    IMG_4687_1.JPG
    209 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4688_1.JPG
    IMG_4688_1.JPG
    226.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Dinner at The Brasserie in the Crowne Plaza Hotel.

Attachments

• IMG_4690_1.JPG
    IMG_4690_1.JPG
    227.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4691_1.JPG
    IMG_4691_1.JPG
    234.9 KB · Views: 38
Caitlin was presented with a gift.

Attachments

• IMG_4693_1.jpg
    IMG_4693_1.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 37