Pearl feature in 'VOGUE' magazine.

Keshibelle

Hello Everyone,
I'm a new member from Australia and this is my first post. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I've been reading and learning here for almost two years! My grateful thanks to you all for the comprehensive information and beautiful photos that help to increase my knowledge.

The November issue of 'Vogue' Australia magazine has a jewellery special featuring pearls - five pages of them in fact. Although the lack of pearl descriptions and the two pages of black & white photography is disappointing, the pearls are FABULOUS. Four pages show Tahitians and white & gold SS from high-end brands such as Chanel, Mauboussin,
David Webb, Bulgari, Chopard, Repossi and Mikimoto. I love that these pieces are shown on a young model wearing denim rather than a formal gown!

There is also a page of exquisite pieces from Australian brands Autore, Kallis, Paspaley and Jan Logan. The Autore designs combining coloured gems and pearls are very creative and evocative of marine life. I had an enjoyable peek into pearl fantasy land for only $7.95!!

Hi Keshibelle, and welcome to PG!
I am off to the newsagent's for this month's copy of Vogue!

Nice to have another Australian on the forum... we have quite a few these days!

Hi Nerida, thank you for the welcome! Gosh, I feel as if I know you from the 'Ruckus' reports and pics. Yes please get a copy of 'Vogue' asap because I think the December issue will be out shortly!

Kind Regards from Kerry.

Hi Keshibelle, and welcome to PG!
I am off to the newsagent's for this month's copy of Vogue!

Nice to have another Australian on the forum... we have quite a few these days!
Hi & welcome, if this keeps going, we might have enough for an Aussie Ruckus. I have been as far South as Venus Bay, are you far from there?

Hi purlgurl, thanks for the welcome! I live in a small coastal village on the Mornington Peninsula south of Melbourne. We're on the Westernport Bay side of the peninsula so I guess about an hour and a half from Venus Bay.
The sea mist is coming in, very spooky for Halloween!

Kind Regards from Kerry.

Hi Kerry - I used to live at Mt Eliza some years ago, my younger son was born at Mornington Hospital (now has some other name, I am sure..). I used to love the peninsula - very scenic, and just far enough away from the city!

Cannot get it here in Paris, what a pity, I would like so much to have a look at .
Found of jeans with pearls too !

Hello and welcome to the forum keshibelle, beautiful part of the world
where you live.

Thanks for the heads up, will definitely be on my shopping list.:)

BTW Hubby and I often go to Flinders, sorta close to ye ( Hubby makes glass beads for a hobby, and when they have an exhibition on, he exhibits there).

Cannot get it here in Paris, what a pity, I would like so much to have a look at .
Found of jeans with pearls too !

Anna - will send you a copy :)

Yes, welcome Keshibelle!

The magazine and photos sound wonderful, any chance of scanning a few for this thread? Must admit I don't know if that can be done.

I think so. Someone can scan and save it as a .jpg file and attach them here. I wonder if US issue has any. Will check with daughter.

Yes, I was thinking one of us should do that for the forum. I have a scanner here, just need a passing six year old to remind me how to use it!

Hi Keshibelle! Cute name and avatar photo! It's very nice to have you here at Pearl-Guide. ;)

Blaire

Hi Kerry - I used to live at Mt Eliza some years ago, my younger son was born at Mornington Hospital (now has some other name, I am sure..). I used to love the peninsula - very scenic, and just far enough away from the city!

Hi Nerida, how nice that you used to live on the Peninsula! Mt.Eliza has managed to keep it's character and charm despite extensive housing development all the way to Rye! Sorrento is now very up-market and Mornington is huge. Yes the hospital was re-named 'The Bays' after large building works were done. We moved here nearly twenty years ago and enjoy the relaxed lifestyle and coastal scenery!

There is a scanner thingy at work which I don't need to use much and er, have to ask our young girl to do for me lol. I do hope that there is an Aussie on the forum who could manage to get some pics here if at all possible.

Kind Regards from Kerry.

Hello to CLICLASP and to Amrita, I visited the 'VOGUE' Australia website to check if any of the pics could be viewed there but alas, no. Hopefully someone more computer savvy than myself will be able to scan them so that they can be shared.
CLICLASP - I love wearing pearls with jeans but then again I love wearing pearls with everything!

Kind Regards to you both from Kerry.

Hello and welcome to the forum keshibelle, beautiful part of the world
where you live.

Thanks for the heads up, will definitely be on my shopping list.:)

BTW Hubby and I often go to Flinders, sorta close to ye ( Hubby makes glass beads for a hobby, and when they have an exhibition on, he exhibits there).

Anna - will send you a copy :)

Hello Bernadette, thank you for the welcome! I'm pleased to know that you get down to the Peninsula. Yes Flinders is a beautiful place, I love walking on the pier and eating the local scallops at the Village Cafe (next to the Post Office)!!

Kind Regards from Kerry.

Yes, welcome Keshibelle!

The magazine and photos sound wonderful, any chance of scanning a few for this thread? Must admit I don't know if that can be done.

Hello Pattye, thank you for the welcome! Fingers crossed that an Aussie member will know if and how this can be done. Apart from the programs I use at work I'm rather a computer dumbell!

I really enjoy seeing your beautiful creations Pattye, there are so many incredibly talented designers and beaders here :eek:)

Kind Regards from Kerry.

I think so. Someone can scan and save it as a .jpg file and attach them here. I wonder if US issue has any. Will check with daughter.

Hi Hanaleimom, let's hope that there is an Aussie member who could manage to do this. I'm afraid it's quite beyond my very limited computer skills :eek:)

Kind Regards from Kerry.

Back