P. Paradise special

aerinha

Has anyone checked out P. Paradise's monthly special for December? I think I see one of the dark ones in my future.

They also have some larger baroque strands available too.

I saw it :D I am drooling over it...I could use one of each!! If you get one, I would love to see pics!

I was going to get one, but then I saw this page:

http://www.pearlparadise.com/Tahitian-Pearl-Bracelets.html

They're all from Josh and the colors are positively amazing.

I got this:

http://www.pearlparadise.com/detail.aspx?ID=1940

Didn't want to post until I made my order. I'm just surprised not many people knew about it. It was in the email Jeremy sent everyone on the mailing list. Come on people, any comments? I love that particular strand as the colors are just amazing. There are some blemishes but I don't believe they're going to be very noticeable on wearing. The single pearl Tahitian pendants here in the same size range sell for the same price, and they're AA-AA+ tops. Kudos to Josh for bringing us these spectacular colors, and Jeremy for his creativity with the keshis (he matched every single one himself despite a busy schedule).

My next purchase will be the rondelle bracelet and the matching Tahitian Venus pendant. These are both new too.

Raisondetre said:
I'm just surprised not many people knew about it. It was in the email Jeremy sent everyone on the mailing list. Come on people, any comments?

I can't speak for everyone, but I never got an email from Jeremy and I'm on the private offer and previous customer list. I would say it's our lovely new email protocols (I have mine sent to work so I can see it when it comes in) but if others missed them, it sounds like maybe they missed sending to some people's email addresses by accident.

Anyway, your bracelet is lovely. All the bracelets are gorgeous.

SpaceNeedle said:
... may be too boring for some people.

Bore me every time with such a thing! Haven't noticed those before... and the choice of semi-round pearls seems anything but boring!

I actually liked these from Terry as well:

http://www.thepearloutlet.com/servlet/ProductView?commodityID=28493&command=cp&supplierID=490

http://www.thepearloutlet.com/servlet/ProductView?commodityID=28492&command=cp&supplierID=490

The orient is just crazy. Too bad I can't afford it right now.

Pearl Paradise does have some classic ones as well - they've already been sold and they're the most expensive of the list. I guess that's what's popular. The colors are amazing. Again, I can't afford those right now so I'm happy with the one I snagged. Can't wait to see it in person! I've never bought keshis before and these look positively yummy.

aerinha said:
I can't speak for everyone, but I never got an email from Jeremy and I'm on the private offer and previous customer list. I would say it's our lovely new email protocols (I have mine sent to work so I can see it when it comes in) but if others missed them, it sounds like maybe they missed sending to some people's email addresses by accident.

I have not recieved any special announcements since October. Figured it was a miss or had not gotten to yet...

Cheers
Ash

The monthly special is just on the PP website on the left. It's only the X'mas special that's exclusive to the email. Have fun!

I was on the email list also for the special, but didn't receive an email. there must have been a glitch.

Jeremy! There's a Christmas special? :eek:

I haven't gotten it either! I've been looking forward to that email as much as getting pictures in the mail, hearing the UPS truck pull up, opening a refund check from the IRS, standing on the scales after a week of a tummy virus...:D

Paradise Monthly Special!

Paradise Monthly Special!

I just wanted everyone to know that the Tahitian bracelets were a huge hit! I hear Pearl Paradise is going to post the new monthly special by tomorrow... I wonder what it will be. :D

Jeremy, what is the best way to observe orient in the Freshadamas? And is it more easily viewed in silver overtone pearls than in rose overtone pearls, or does overtone have no effect on the appearance of orient? Mine have lovely rose overtones.

I originally took my Freshadamas out in bright sunlight, placing them against a white sheet of paper but could not observe orient.

Just now I tried viewing them against white paper under a daylight spectrum lamp and I am now seeing orient in a few of the pearls.

I would expect to see more orient in baroques pearls than in round ones, anyway.

Last edited:
Jeremy - this is just random musing because I am still getting over my Christmas expenses :rolleyes:, but how distinct are the overtones on the white FW? Would a necklace of rose, silver and ivory overtones look like a muted, subtle multicolor or just a poorly matched strand? Since I like the colors so much, I only have one white strand and don't really know how the overtones compare...

PP has updated the item description. I'd be tempted if I weren't holding out for a graduated strand of white Freshadama. But it's a great deal for those not fussed on orient. As some people have mentioned orient on round pearls is not as pronounced as on other less desired shapes.

Orient is usually comprised of both a silver and rose overtone. I would say in natural light coming from the side would be the best way to observe the orient...(i.e. sitting next to a window during 2 pm sunlight). Jeremy may have a different respose, but this has been my experience. The reason that orient is usually made up of a variety of overtones is because of the nature that it is. Orient is like a rainbow of many colors at once. It can be compared to those bulbs that people place on their lawns. (Lawn Balls? I can never remember what the correct term for them is).

I hope this helps.

I know it is a bit late but if somebody wanted to see Jeremy's December special in action - here it is:

PPbraceletsdec2007-vi.jpg

I got both colours and together they are just great. Sorry the picture is not so good, I was struggling with camera for quite a while:).

They are not so much different in colour as they stand on the site but different in structure. And they make a wonderful sound against each other when they (as it was explained on the site about the source of inspiration!) slide free on the wrist. Thank you Jeremy and Josh, what a party!!! :)

Olga

Back