was deformed or different in any way the chances
of it containing a pearl were very high. I was
diving the other day and noticed this speciman. Normally
I would not have taken it, but remembering what I was
told I decided it would go into the bag. This was the
result. So diving boys or girls!! dont go past the
deformed or abnormal shell!! Good Luck. Forum - 1 4 the divers.jpg

Forum - Pearl for Divers.jpg

beautiful.. isn't nature magnificent? Thank you NZNP, as always.

The colors are so brilliant! I haven't found an abalone in ages... I take it that she mentioned to look for the outwardly deformed shells as those are the animals that have been under attack by marine worms and as such have a greater chance of being penetrated?

A Divers Find

A Divers Find

Today a Diver bought these in for sale. We wernt interested,but
after him telling us his 7th Child was born yesterday we felt
Sorry for him. This is his price - we thought we would help
a Father In Shock - may be he will buy some BIRTH control.
A good buy for someone:[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• Divers rEQUEST 1.jpg
    Divers rEQUEST 1.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 33
I ended up purchasing the conical pearl from Rob and Denise of New Zealand Natural Pearl. It is such a handsome pearl for my adorable and patient husband. At the ruckus, I requested Hisano to show it to the jeweler who made https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/show-us-your-pearls/4247-amazing-pearl.html. She was the liaison between Taka and us. We received picture of the wax model first and told Hisano of what we wanted to change. The whole process was such a breeze, thanks to Hisano keeping us up-to-date each step of the way. It's made of 14K white gold. The loop bail can accommodate a leather cord for Vincent. Occasionally I will borrow it to wear with my gold chain. That was my intention from the design stage anyway. :p

Attachments

• Abalone pendant - finished.jpg
    Abalone pendant - finished.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Vincent is a terrific guy and that pearl looks very cool and sleek. Which has me wondering, what does Vincent like to do? Does he have hobbies like you have pearls? ;)

Vincent is a terrific guy and that pearl looks very cool and sleek. Which has me wondering, what does Vincent like to do? Does he have hobbies like you have pearls? ;)

Em...let's see... He likes choosing pearls for me. :D

It's made of 14K white gold. The loop bail can accommodate a leather cord for Vincent. Occasionally I will borrow it to wear with my gold chain. That was my intention from the design stage anyway.
Cathy, that's a super design and execution, with the beautiful top featured along with the broader pearl surfaces. And white gold for me is more successful for abs than yellow, reflecting and amplifying the pearl's intense overtones rather than competing.

Back