On the search for natural color blue Akoya strands from Vietnam

Cees

At the Hong Kong Fair there are so many buyers that it is impossible to do a descent search for extraordinary purchases. Living in South East Asia for a great part of the year, then gives you the opportunity to go around and see before Fairs start what will be offered next month.

Found only 2 16 inch amazing beautiful 5.5-6.0 mm Vietnamese blue natural Akoya cultured pearl strands. Took them outright, of course. Look at the luster, how beautiful and also with thick naccre.

Cees

www.amsterdampearls.com

Attachments

• blueakoya1.jpg
    blueakoya1.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 29
  • blueakoya2.jpg
    blueakoya2.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 31
Fantastically gorgeous! I mean look at those overtones!

Sigh, these are so much more beautiful than the blue baroque akoya I have :(

- Karin

Outstanding pearls and I agree with pattye that a double strand would be gorgeous!

How a mermaid would see sunrise blue sky through water ... lovely :)

Stunning! Those blue hues are some of my favorites! I love how you can see the rose, violet and aquamarine overtones just POP on the blue Akoya. Great find!

Cees, these strands are outstanding! I look forward to seeing photos of them on a model! Hope this finds you fantastic!

Those strands are gorgeous. I'd love to see the finished necklace.

Sarah and others thank you for all your kind comments. I will take these ( and other strands and loose pearls) to Europe this September when I visit jewelers and goldsmiths for 2 months before I return to the Far East again end of November and hopefully they know how to make beautiful creations.

Back