Ombre strand from Cees

jesskat

Have you ever had a strand just hit you over the head as something so intensely unique you had to have it?

I knew that I would be getting a work windfall right about this time, and I had earmarked some of it to splurge on a strand I really wanted. Well, I saw this necklace on Cees' Instagram and it just knocked me right between the eyes. I had been worried that since it had been posted a couple months back, it was already spoken for, but! It was still around. :)

photo_2019-03-28 09.41.37.jpeg

Akoya + Tahitian ombre, 28", some gorgeous blues (I am a SUCKER for blues in pearls), and it comes tomorrow. I'll take my first shot at real stringing this weekend, thanks to a quick order from pattye for Sky and Mist Beader's Secret. :D I also have Night, but I think it might be too dark for the whites/light blues. Thoughts?

I'm so excited.

Congratulations Jesskat, that's a magnificent strand ... have fun with it!

Beautiful strand, Jesskat. I adore a good ombre, and this one is lovely.

I dug out a photo of my Tahitian and akoya ombre bracelet for reference. It appears to be using a lighter color thread matching the bluish akoya. I hope this helps.

OmbreThread.jpg

Last edited:
Jesskat, that is so gorgeous. Can't wait to see the finished necklace.

I was thinking Beader's Secret in sky, too. It's blue enough to enhance the blues of the dark pearls, but read as white, and "clear" enough to look good with the white pearls. What a beautiful strand.

Congratulations on your beautiful ombré, Jesskat!!! I am such a sucker for ombré & your's is a beauty!!

Oh, wow, that’s an gorgeous strand. Congrats! Can’t wait to see the finished product.

Jesskat that strand is stunning!!! Looking forward to your neck shots. Enjoy!

That ombré looks wonderful, jesskat!! Enjoy wearing it!

Back