New Earring Jackets

dkan 168

They are here, at last! :D

Thanks to Jeremy who helped in finding a jeweller (one of his suppliers) to make these for me :)

Although the original intention was to have these in time for my partner's Thanksgiving Service on 05 Dec 08, the time scale was too tight and missed by about a week, nevermind :(

I have always wanted a pair of statement earring jackets, with interchangeable centre studs, and my wish has turned into reality :D

The earring jackets are made using the mould of a double-strand pearl clasp, and I have purchased one so that I can re-string my double-strand Freshadama that Jeremy made for me as a rushed job in time for my partner's funeral :)

The triple clasp will be used to make a triple strand of 5-6mm CFWPs I purchased wholesale from ebay vendor "pearllunar pearls only" :)

The overall diameter of the jackets is just under 20mm, and they don't cover my earlobes! :eek:

It means I can wear even bigger earrings, just need to have the money to get some! :D

Anyway, here are the pics of my earring jackets with different centre studs. The pearls are Freshadamas and Tahitians, about 8mm; and the diamond studs are my own, about 48pt each and 6mm in diameter.

I am getting a pair of smaller black CFWP pearls as the Tahitians are sitting just a tad too high for my liking :rolleyes:

Good thing about these jackets is that they are near mirror image of each other, as I am kind of fussy about this for earrings :rolleyes:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Here are the fuzzy ear shots, as I did not use the tripod to take these pics :eek: , just to give you an idea of their size :)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Lastly, a couple of pics of my 8-9mm Freshadama double, 24in, with the original triple clasp, and the new clasp that I shall use :)

picture.php

picture.php

So happy they are mine :D :D :D

In theory, that should be it for earrings now that I have these, yeah right! :rolleyes: :p :D

DK :D

Very pretty! I suspect you'll find lots of opportunities to wear your elegant earring jackets. I rarely need an excuse to overdress in the jewelry department. ;)

Very pretty! I suspect you'll find lots of opportunities to wear your elegant earring jackets. I rarely need an excuse to overdress in the jewelry department. ;)

Shame that my partner did not get to see these, as he would be very proud to see them on me :(

Now that he has gone, the opportunities to dress up will be much less :(

However, I am confident that such opportunities will turn up again in the future :)

DK :)

They are all so pretty I can't decide where to look. I think I'll just sit here and stare for a while if it's all the same to you. You after all get to wear them. So pretty.
barbie

Thank you! :D

I like to play with my jewellery when I am low, they bring comfort to me for some reason :)

These earrings are so beautiful that I can't help but to keep looking at them :D

Aaagh,
I love love love those jackets !
Just gorgeous !
And they look fabulous on you Dkan. :)

Another reason to be a plus-size - I can wear big jewellery :D

I like to play with my jewellery when I am low, they bring comfort to me for some reason :)

These earrings are so beautiful that I can't help but to keep looking at them :D

Think of it as a way to get the most out of your investment. The more jewelry you have, the harder it is to get the "cost-per-wearing" down, so taking it out and enjoying it is "responsible ownership". :rolleyes:

Back