New and eager!

kpearl36

Hey everyone! I've actually been reading posts for about a week now. I have always loved pearls, but I've been slowly dipping my toes into learning more about them. My hope was to someday make individual pieces of jewelry...and that goal got a little motivation to speed up when my niece's boyfriend heard about my interests and asked if I would spend the next year helping create the perfect pearl engagement ring for my mermaid obsessed niece *SQUEAL!!!* Problem is...I am just beginning with SO MUCH to learn! He put a lot of faith in me when I know so little that I just can't let him down. And it would be so special to have a part in creating her most treasured piece of jewelry. I had seen someone post about a code for the Pearls as One course at one point, but haven't been able to track it down yet. I know that would be an excellent starting point. If you see this, would you be willing to share it one more time? I am dying to take that course!

What I hope to gain through this forum:
Expand my knowledge on the world of pearls.
Where I can find true loose pearls of all kinds.
Stare at pictures of gorgeous pearls.

Welcome, kpearl36! You are in for a delightful journey of discovery here and on Pearls as One :)

Another question I have is how do I go about finding someone reputable to buy loose pearls from? That seems to be the most daunting part for me.

Hi kpearl36. What type of loose pearls are you looking for?

A pink hued akoya is what my niece's boyfriend requested I help him find for her engagement ring. He thought a saltwater pearl would be the most fitting with her mermaid obsession.

Back