Natural Abalone - Men's Jewelry

I reckon the success for this style comes if it looks as if this big strong hunky bloke was wandering around on the seashore or where ever and just found the pearl and had this bit of leather from hunting the beast and the pearl got magically drilled and so he tied it round his neck, not as jewellery, you understand, but in a sort of hunting trophy way.
Jewellery is gold chains and the like, too planned, very chav

Yeah, it's hard to see the pearl because it's covered up with women! Is it because of the man, or the pearl? Or is it the man wearing the pearl? Hmmm...

I remember the pearl being 37.5 carats. Jo Ellen would know for sure.

Why? Are these things sold by the carat now? (or was it always so and I missed the whole story :eek:)

Paua make one of the most vibrant and beautiful of natural pearls as do Green abalone from Southern California and Mexico. The two species produce such a similar combination of color that one can rarely tell the difference. The price on the two species varies depending on source but pearls over 400/ct retail should be of both fine quality and attractive shape. Horn shaped pearls in this price range are rare or overpriced. Any abalone pearl with symmetry is a rarety. Those over 5cts exhibiting beautiful color and luster with symmetrical shape can command prices of up to 2000/ct retail.

Jeremy Norris, the natural pearl expert, raises the ante $500/ct from my earlier post!

Jeremy
Looks as good as you imagined it would.
Its time to put an extra zero on the value of Gem quality natural abalone pearls.
Just look at the response you have had from your peers as justification for upping the
price.
Roger

That is your trademark look. Even the most beautiful Tahitian -and they are beautiful, can't compare! Don't leave home without it!

Its time to put an extra zero on the value of Gem quality natural abalone pearls.
The zero is already there. From what I have been given to understand, Pearl Paradise has offered North American abs at or below source value in an attempt to broaden market appeal beyond the cultured and FW mainstream, with some success.

All this rarified air is going to my head. Abalone pearls. Tahitians. Extra zeros.
Thank heaven for someone like Jeremy who is taking the extra zero OUT of these things so us mere mortals can have a few.
If anyone ever deserved to set the cutting edge and enjoy wearing the fruits of his labor it's Jeremy Shepherd.
You go Jeremy!
And thanks.

Agreed, Barbie. And if wearing such a fabulous piece has a dozen or more women on this forum drooling over him (the pearls, of course!) and a few extras hanging off him in photographs, well, that's gotta do something to broaden the market, too!!

Agreed, Barbie. And if wearing such a fabulous piece has a dozen or more women on this forum drooling over him (the pearls, of course!) and a few extras hanging off him in photographs, well, that's gotta do something to broaden the market, too!!

I agree with all of you! ;)

As Blue Pearl suggestively hinted, this may be good timing for a new and improved abalone pearl offering at Pearl Paradise.

I have Blaire to thank for this one. I have finally found an abalone pearl thick enough to drill a large enough hole to wear on leather.

View attachment 4575

And a close shot.

View attachment 4576

I am doing an interview with Fox Business News on the 14th of August and plan to wear this pearl. It might be the debut of ab jewelery for men. Unfortunately, they are nearly impossible to make. This is only the second abalone pearl I've come across that would work well in my opinion. I let the first one go... Not this one!

Simply lovely.And looks sooo good on leather.Lets hear it for mans jewelry.

Conical

Conical

One for the Cowboys. C & W Awards.jpg

Back