Natural Abalone - Men's Jewelry

I am SO jealous, Jeremy! It's lovely and awesome...man I want one! ;o;

That really is an awesome choker, Jeremy - it looks great on you. Very unusual, what with you only coming across two that would be suitable!

Question: Given the size of the hole, any chance we could have a before and after drilling weight for the pearl? Say 2 carats were lost?that's $3000 worth of pearl for a baroque paua of similar symmetry!

But I assume the pearl would have retained its value as a finished piece.

The shape works in the same way that shark's teeth were/are popular as a male leather thong necklace sort of thing =- 'argggggh look how strong I am, I wrestled the shark (not jumped it, you understand) and pulled out a tooth'

Jeremy,

Is the abalone sort of hollow in the middle like a keishi can be? Did you line the drill hole with gold? Are you concerned about wear at the edges of the drill hole?

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Jeremy,

Is the abalone sort of hollow in the middle like a keishi can be? Did you line the drill hole with gold? Are you concerned about wear at the edges of the drill hole?

Pattye

Wow, Pattye, I had the same questions, exactly. I would hate to see any wear around the drill hole of such a beauty! ;)

Tee, Hee, Great minds think alike!;)

Pattye

Abalone pearl

Abalone pearl

Jeremy,

The abalone pearl looks awesome!!! Wear it in good health and hope to see you soon.

Jo Ellen Cole

Men

Men

Well done. Nice to see a pearl on a man.
Was the weight measured before and after
the hole

It is interesting to know what weight.
a hole takes out.

Attached is a womens conical - I put this on so you
can see that if one finds a narrower conical and are
too afraid to drill, Mens Conical.jpg a cap can be put on to allow hanging.

An old sea Captain

An old sea Captain

I had to share this as we are on Mens Jewellery.
An old 80yr sea captain is wearing this.
Mako Shark tooth, Ruby and Abalone Pearl.Old Sea Captain.jpg

That is stunning. As is the women's conical in the earlier post.

Beautiful design work, NZ natural pearls! Again!!

That is so fine, it looks like a work of art. I love how smooth it is. It would be great to see a macro shot of the pearl if you have time to grab the camera.

He he...I was actually addressing Jeremy but the pearls in posts 31 and 32 are great too!

That is so fine, it looks like a work of art. I love how smooth it is. It would be great to see a macro shot of the pearl if you have time to grab the camera.

How about this until he gets a better one? ;) Notice how big it is. It looks smaller on his manly neck than it does in my fingers!

abalone.jpg

Question: Given the size of the hole, any chance we could have a before and after drilling weight for the pearl? Say 2 carats were lost?that's $3000 worth of pearl for a baroque paua of similar symmetry!

But I assume the pearl would have retained its value as a finished piece.

I didn't weigh it before drilling, unfortunately. Maybe Blaire knows how many carats it used to be ...? I should have done that "just because", even though I was making the piece to wear.

I've received a lot of compliments so far and I've been wearing it every day. I think it is going to work!

I did get a photo at the concert (Christian Castro) on Saturday night. It is a bit difficult to see the pearl.

Attachments

• Christian Castro Concert.JPG
    Christian Castro Concert.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 37
Wouldn't think twice about drilling away $3000 worth of pearl for results like that…

Back