My pearls

Charlotta, I'm glad the surgery seems to have been successful. How relieved you and your mother must be! Best wishes for your dad's recovery from surgery, now.

Thank you Bweaves, BritM, Pattye and Pearldreams. I just got back from the hospital, the surgery went well, but since it was so big he have to stay at the hospital for at least 2 weeks. My mother has one of my sisters living with her for 2 weeks so thats good.

I'm relieved to hear your father's surgery went well, Charlotta! And while you were waiting, my, my!, you really channeled that nervous energy into some beautiful pieces. I find stringing pearls to be quite relaxing and "therapeutic", so which I imagine may also be the case with you.

It's great that your mother will have company while your father is recuperating. All the very best wishes for your father's recovery, and to you and the family, as well.

Playing with pearls is very theraputic indeed. I knit more than string, as it's easier on my bad hands, but find choosing and wearing pearl "worry beads" helpful as well. My best wishes for peace and good future for you and your family Charlotta. Love that ombre bracelet!

Charlotta, I’m both sorry for the stress you and your family have gone through and happy that the surgery went well. I hope he has a fast and successful recovery and can go home to your mother soon. Knotting pearls, like knitting, is rather zen, keeping the mind occupied but still free to wander.

Charlotta your new creations are gorgeous! Sending prayers for your father and all of your family.

Thank you CathyKeshi, Parrot Lady and Gemandpearllover. He is feeling a little bit better today, so thats good.

Early april I ordered a pair of carved abalone shell pair for earrings for me and one for my daughter from agustus-collection. Today they finally arrived, it wasn't the seller fault, it was the swedish customs. The customs sent them back and it had to be resent. I don't know what they thought I ordered. It isn't illegal or anything like that. Mine are carved as oakleaves.
_20190523_183400.jpg
They are rather big, about 2inches with the earhooks, but very light. I thought they might look good with my blue tahitian strand from Pearlescence. I forgot to take a photo of them together so here is one with my blue tahitians and my triple blue akoya strand, also from Pearlescence.
_20190523_204326.jpg
They didn't look good with my Rikiteas from Cees though, might be to much with all the colors shifting in the earrings and all the colors in the multicolored Rikiteas.
_20190523_205652.jpg

I've never seen earrings like those. They are so pretty! I've not heard of Augustus collection.. might need to check that out. My sister would love those.

I love all the blue pearls. On most days blue akoyas are my favs. The rikitea strand is over the top stunning though. The colors..wow.

I think that your going to like them SydK, mine are more beautiful than their photo.

augustuscollection looks interesting. Happily, they have osmena pearls. I wore an osmena pearl ring to the grocery store today and when I got home, the “pearl” was gone. I searched through all the grocery bags and inside the car but nope. Hopefully, one of augustus collection’s pearls will fit and I can glue it back.

Thank you Pattye and Parrot Lady. Parrot Lady, I hope that you find a new pearl for your ring.

Back