My new Revenge Victoria Grayson strand!!!

If there are enough interest here, perhaps the lovely vendors on this forum can consider making some Transformer multi-purpose multi-styling enhancer bails??? *hiiiiiiiint* :rolleyes:

Icy - I raid my poor mum on a regular basis - it's like she has just gone through a highway robbery every time I go home. But she secretly take pride in the fact that her daughter still wants to raid her stuff, unlike some of her other mom friends... :eek:
My mom's stuff is pretty diversified, so my loots don't always make their way onto the pearl forum!

I think so as well! You are very creative...and when I was a younger woman, unable to afford much...I too "raided" my mother's jewelry wardrobe. Raiding became trading as I grew older, take one leave one was our mantra. Since my mom passed a few years ago, my daughters (22 and 18) have taken over the raiding and thus the cycle continues! I LOVE that, and I love that you love your mom's beautiful jewelry! May you both always wear each piece in wonderful health!

If I go to Taipei, I'm gonna need your mum's jewellery contacts!

You are so lucky that your mum has such a marvellous stash. Re: her secretly taking pride, I think I understand cos I know I will be delighted if my daughter takes an interest in my stash next time.

Very cool transformers. I didn't even know these existed!

I also regularly raid my mom's stash -- every time I go visit her she gives me something new. Last time she gave me a pair of beautiful pave diamond studs. I am looking forward to getting pearl jackets to wear them with.

Ladies!

JerseyPearl - it is so sweet that jewelry raiding is becoming a 3-generational tradition. Is there a pool of baubles that are "out of limit" for your daughters lol? My mom has a "no touching" stash which I'm totally drooling over, but the rest is fair game!

Icy - your stash is TDF! Your daughter is so lucky and she better love them!!!
Icy & JP - both of your stashes! Lucky daughters!
Tucs please show pics of the studs with jackets sometimes!

Yes I'm incredibly lucky as well - my mom is known for not having the biggest blings, but always the most beautiful and most tasteful. :)
I have one sister, and unlike me, she is not interested in jewelry at all (so weird!), so no sibling fights here! I have built an excel database for my mom's stash for record keeping. I keep track of purchase date, from which jeweler, occasion, specs, etc. Haha yes I'm a true nerd! It is also my responsibility to give them all a bubble bath and a good scrub when I go home. Mom is pretty lazy with that. :p

Also long story - but I was just back in Taipei over Thanksgiving, and usually I won't go back for at least half a year. But since we pushed back a launch date at work, my boss decided to take off for the xmas week (we initially thought we'd have to work through it for a launch in early 2016). So I JUST booked another trip to go back to Taipei to see mom again!

I will take more Transformer pics when I go home, including the ring that can be converted into a pendant! :eek: Didn't think they'd be this popular so didn't take pics the last time. This time I'll come back with plenty of pics of the mechanisms of some truly versatile pieces to share!

And Icy of course I'll give you a list of jewelers to visit in Taipei. :D

Purranha, you'll have to tell your mom she's acquiring a Fan Club here :)

OOOOh, yes, I'd love to see more photos of the Transformers.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who plays in my mother's jewelry box when I got to visit her. Although my mom doesn't share, yet. She has insisted that my sister and I go through her jewelry and divvy it up ahead of time, so there's no arguments after she dies. We wrote it all down, but agreed that it's not set in stone if we change our minds later.

Purranha, I love your transformers and the entire concept of being able to wear different pieces of jewelry in different variations and combined with other pieces. I wish I had your creativity! And how very nice you and your mom share the same passion for gorgeous pieces! Please share the photos of the transformer ring! And I also think the names you give are really cute. I don't watch tv but just giving the pieces names gives them so much more character!

I will most definitely take lots of pics for all you ladies! I'll be flying out in another week and a half.

Amti glad you like my baubles nicknames!
Aww thank you Cathy I will be sure to let my mom know!
BWeaves it is amazing that your mom at least have gone through with you and your sister on what goes where. I have seen many incidences where aging parents are unwilling to face/deal with succession planning and it just leads to all sorts of issues down the road, including sibling rivalries and unnecessary money handed to court and lawyers and such. And yes siblings can always work out a sharing or swap agreement if there is a basis to go off on.

I'd love to see more enhancers offered. I think they are fantastic and way more versatile than a pendant.

Edit: actually more convertible jewelry in general. I love the flexibility of adding pearls to hoops or onto other earrings, enhancers onto chains or onto strands, extenders onto strands, you name it that gives flexibility in the jewelry wardrobe I'm all for.

Versatility ! Such a great feature with jewellery! I love all of the pearls and enhancers...and you are very lucky to have a mum with such good taste !! Very practical to get the division of personal assets sorted out as well ... saves a great deal of drama down the line. I have dear friends who had terrible problems and ended up not speaking to the siblings over perfectly mundane items simply because things were not discussed early in the piece. Very wise to do so now.

Yes I'm incredibly lucky as well - my mom is known for not having the biggest blings, but always the most beautiful and most tasteful. :)
I have one sister, and unlike me, she is not interested in jewelry at all (so weird!), so no sibling fights here! I have built an excel database for my mom's stash for record keeping. I keep track of purchase date, from which jeweler, occasion, specs, etc. Haha yes I'm a true nerd! It is also my responsibility to give them all a bubble bath and a good scrub when I go home. Mom is pretty lazy with that. :p

Yes quite a fan club! I'll love to see her off limits stash since those that aren't off limits are already amazing.

And so great re: the record keeping. I really should do something about mine. It's a mess!

I will take more Transformer pics when I go home, including the ring that can be converted into a pendant! :eek: Didn't think they'd be this popular so didn't take pics the last time. This time I'll come back with plenty of pics of the mechanisms of some truly versatile pieces to share!

And Icy of course I'll give you a list of jewelers to visit in Taipei. :D

Oh yes! Jewellery pics and of course food pics as well. Yay.

Last edited:
Image didn't seem to upload from the last post. Trying again here.
IMG_3453.jpg

Back