My new AAA Akoyas + comparison

missmints

Hello PG! I am new on the forum and have decided to make my first post about my new 7-7.5mmAAA white Akoya pearls with silver overtones from PP. I also thought it would be fun to compare them to the pearls I already own (5.5mm tiffany freshwaters and 6mm A grade Mikimoto earrings) as I am just learning about overtones and orient. I am surprised how much darker my other pearls are compared to my new Akoyas from PP. My new strand is very white and luminous. I also see much more rose tone in my tiffany freshwaters that I never noticed before. I'd love to hear your opinions!

These are not the best pictures, but I did the best I could with my phone and winter lighting. Also, I added the last picture to show how my new pearls don't seem to want to lie flat. I am a little bit worried about this. I want to ask you all if you think my new strand will lie flat/loosen up over time, or were they possibly stung too tight?

pearls3.jpgpearls4.jpgpearls2.jpgpearls1.jpg

Welcome to P-G and thanks for the photos!

Your pearls will definitely loosen up. The knots are made tight because silk stretches, and if they were strung loosely from the start, soon they would develop unsightly gaps.

^Thank you! They are already lying perfect now that I have been wearing them all day.:D Here are some more photos. Sorry, I'm trying to capture the orient better. PP strand is on the top
pearls5.jpgpearls6.jpg

They each are very pretty in their own way. I'll bet the akoya pearls "pop" on your skin because they are so white. I find both types look great on my skin and it's nice to have the choices that a pearl wardrobe brings. The second set of photos really show the orient in both strands. Great job! :)

All of your pearls are lovely, but your new strand is absolutely gorgeous! Enjoy and wear them in good health!

missmints -- Lovely pearls! Isn't the difference between the strands fun and interesting? Wear them in good health!

missmints -- Lovely pearls! Isn't the difference between the strands fun and interesting? Wear them in good health!

Oh yes, I agree. They are the most beautiful pearls I have! I compared them to my mother's AA Miki strand today and they are much more luminous and have an indescribable glow and orient that you just have to see for yourself. Perhaps I will post pics of the two if anyone has an interest...

Oh yes, I agree. They are the most beautiful pearls I have! I compared them to my mother's AA Miki strand today and they are much more luminous and have an indescribable glow and orient that you just have to see for yourself. Perhaps I will post pics of the two if anyone has an interest...

Post away :)

Lovely! Thanks for sharing :)

Back