My first rope of pearls

Pearly Shell

Thought I'd share my first attempt at knotting a 50 inch rope. I used couple of strands of Pond Slime FWPs that I picked up at the Gem Faire we visited during the ruckus. Plus a strand of Lavender FWPs I picked up at Intergem with Marianne. The pearls range in size from 9mm to 11mm. I knotted between each pearl and chose to not have a clasp. I can wear it long or double it over my head.

I so love it and can't wait for another opportunity to buy more pearls and try my hand at a 100 inch rope!! :D

Attachments

• 50 inch strand.jpg
    50 inch strand.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 50 inch strand 2.jpg
    50 inch strand 2.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 36
Donna,

Simply lovely! Great Job, it's beautiful!!!!

Cheers
Ash

Why oh why are they called pond slime??? Who is responsible? They are so glorious!

I first heard that name from Kojima Sarah. They have tans and greens and even browns, often with a copper patch. It's a name of endearment.

The pond slimes I am getting are more in the purple/lavender/pink to gold range. I think they are my favourite pearl - I like pearls so much because every one is different (that is another thread!) and pond slimes are more different than most others - they even change massively according to different lighting. Add in metallic lustre (the gold ones look as if they have a layer of gold leaf melted onto them) and phwarrr

Beautiful!! I admire the patience you all have to knot each pearl. I like the pond slime colour. :)

-SR

What a beautiful "first" rope! You did a great job!

Thanks everyone for the kind comments! I am very happy with the way it turned out.

I also really love the way pondslime pearls range in color from lavender to peach to green to gold. It made them irristable at the gem faire.

Nice rope Donna..... do we get a neck shot??
I think they would look fabulous on your skin..

yummy pearls, and great job! pondslimes are gorgeous! Gotta wait here till November for the annual gem/mineral show, usually quite a few pearl vendors there too...

Beautiful strand. Could you give us a close-up so we can see the colours even better on the pondslime pearls?

Beautiful job with knotting. The strand falls nicely. Did you teach yourself?

Thanks again to all for all the great encouragement. Patty, you are such a temptress!
Nerida, I'll have to work on that neck shot.

Wow, Donna! The rope turned out beautifully. I'm working on a multi strand this weekend and will use the 3 strand closure purchased at Intergem. Aqua, apatite, kyanite and of course pearls :). Then the challenge, to photo and post. Maybe in another lifetime. Stay dry.
m

I like how you matched the strand with the colors interspersed evenly. I have always wonder about the pondslime, not knowing for sure whether I like the patches. Yours looks fabulous.

Last edited:
Back