My First Baroque Akoya Strand

CrazyMissy

My wssp studs were feeling lonely, I didn't have a pendant or necklace to go with it. :p took me some time to decide on what to get (pendant or strand, went with strand), then what strand design and length, blah blah blah...

I wanted a 35-in tenyo strand, but decided against it. It was too much of a purchase at this point. But I wanted to try owning one, so it was a choice between good freshwaters and baroque akoyas.

Eventually, the baroque akoyas won. I worked with Erin at PP, and well, this 9.0-9.5mm 35-in beauty is on its way to moi!

Can't wait! :eek:

baroque akoya strand from pearl paradiseThe baroque strand long as a rope

Thanks PD, Cathy and Pareltje! They are gorgeous on photos, and I really do hope they are awesome IRL as well!

Never really thought of myself as a strand person, but too much shows like The Crown, Mad Men and even The Post influenced me -- and hanging out here too! I always had the impression that strands are high maintenance. Any truth to that?

Only maintenance a strand will need is a gentle wipe down with a microfiber cloth after each wearing. You may need to have it restrung annually (depending on how often you wear it)...but that's something you can do yourself! I also seem to recall that PP does restring free of charge...but I may have been dreaming about that and totally made it up, so maybe others can confirm. In any regard, your strand is lovely!

It is easy to learn to restring your own pearls, and many of us find it satisfying to be able to do so (not to mention inexpensive!)

If you'd rather have restringing done by a pro, Pearl Paradise (much less than my local jeweler quoted)

Those are gorgeous. I'm still bowled over by my new baroque akoya strand. Yes, there are few "dings" because they are baroque, but the baroque akoyas make my Hanadamas look boring.

I don't restring yearly. I restring when I feel the pearls slipping between the knots, or the knots look grimy. Or when I want to change the clasp, or the length, or I have an itch to tie knots.

Really beautiful. Looking forward to more photos and neck shots!

Congrats on a beautiful strand! Those are stunning; please post neck shots!

It was supposed to be delivered today at noon, then Fedex went all "delivery exception" on my parcel (yes, I am a maniac tracking my parcel! :p), and now it's rescheduled for tomorrow! Argh!! What an annoying buzz killer, ugh! :mad:

so the usual after-wear wipe down applies, and i'll check on the knots for restringing -- got it. I plan to use it with office wear and not just for special occasions, hence the concern.

The suspense is killing me! :rolleyes: ;)

They're heeeeeeeeere! and I love it!

ok, it wasn't exactly love at first sight when I first saw the strand. I got the package at 5:57pm yesterday, and after a gruelling day at work, I was just a little low on energy. Upon opening the box, I was like, hmm, too many uneven surfaces. But hey, they're baroque, maybe I just need to warm up to it a bit.

My colleague next to me was like "That's gorgeous! Seems that you dunked your bonus on that one!" (uhm, hardly, but thank you!)

Then I went home, and my husband chided me, "looks like someone caved and bought her tenyo strand after all!". Okay, that's something.

So today, I wore it to work, and wow! It does look stunning! Now I just have to figure out how to wear it right, double strand for today to be safe.

Here it is under the shade with my 12mm wssp studs.
double baroque akoya strand with 12 mm studs

And direct sunlight
my pearl paradise baroque akoya strand worn doubled in direct sunlight

Gorgeous pearls! So pretty, and look at that luster and those overtones. Keepers for sure.

Back