My beautiful Tahitian ring

KauaiAnne

Albert in full stretch.
Aloha!

I am so pleased with my beautiful Tahitian ring. This is a Kamoka pearl from Josh and it was set by Sarah at Kojima. This is just like the ring Sarah has on her website except the pearl is a little bigger at 11.2 mm and she fashioned a protective cup that the pearl sits in. The pearl has more peacock overtones than the photo shows. Great work all around!

Beautiful. Wear it in good health!

Kauai Anne

what a truely amazing pearl

'nani'

Another Kamoka pearl in a ring. It was initially a ring from Sarah in silver but I made it reset in yellow matt gold. The pearl is just magnificent!
I think it looks very classy in this setting.

Ringnew-vi.jpg

Olga

just beautiful

that is a very lovely pearl !!

Olga, out of curiosity, how is it to wear a ring where the pearl sticks out so much? Amazing pearl...

- Karin

Karin, I am surprised myself, but this seems not to be a problem.
First I was anxious that I may accidentally damage the pearl but it is less fragile than I thought.
It is not really VERY big, I think 10 mm, maybe 11. It is just a small size of the ring which makes it look big.
But it is a surprisingly beautiful combination of this very pearl with matt yellow, a pleasure to wear.

Olga and Kuai Anne. I LOVE your rings and the pearls... They are both so artistically stark and modern.

Specifically, Olga, the textured silver is a wonderful contrast to the smoothness of the pearl.
Kuai Anne, and how big is that pearl? 13-14mm is my guess. Would love a hand shot.

I have, dare I say it, a penchant for pearls and the 'frills'. I succumbed recently. I'd show a pic when they arrive. Eeks, as I review what I've typed, I'm afraid I'm turning into one old-fashioned maid.

Last edited:
Olga and Kuai Anne, beautifull rings. The Kamoka pearls are just delightfull and each setting makes a good combination.

WOW Olga, a perfect combination of yellow matt gold with a Kamoka pearl. I Love it!

The pearl in my ring is 11.2 mm. It does stick up a bit but it is not a problem. I thought I might have to be more careful and wear it only for "special occasions," but I don't have to baby it at all. It is a very sturdy setting. I have found only one thing that gets in the way of this ring - taiko drumming. I practice weekly with a taiko drum ensemble and I quickly learned that the wide width of the ring interferes with my drumstick handling. The vibrations back from the drum head cause a little chafing on my ring finger. This is not something most of you will have to contend with! :)

Back