Metallic Freshwater Earrings!

Wow, that's pricey!

I think my new metallics may be magical! I put all three pairs on a napkin on the table at the pancake house, because I wanted to see them under that light (artificial light, it was night time). At first they looked kind of dull and washed out. A little while later, they were much brighter and more colorful. I've heard someone on here talking about pearls "waking up," and it was like that exactly. Well, really I guess it might have something to do with my eyes adjusting to the light in the room but hey, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! My husband noticed it, too. And no, the pancake house does not serve liquor, haha.

Last edited:
That must be it. We can't possibly be a bit neurotic! :p

Does anyone know whether the metallic white pearls are bleached?

I'm thinking they probably are bleached. Jeremy?

That's a good question. My default has always been that anything white in akoya or freshwater has been bleached/processed unless I know for sure. I know the metallic luster can't be faked, and I've seen them in raw materials, but it's been a very long process finding white metallics from a lot of different producers/processors, so it's not easy to be definitive at this point.

Thanks for your reply, Jeremy! I figured that was probably the case. I'm really looking forward to receiving my strand.

Do you also have metallic white CFW earrings? :)

I just realized this is probably the wrong place, so I posted pics in the "Show your Pearls" thread and more in my photo album.

Ooooh, I love them! Especially the yummy grape gumballs :) I also enjoyed viewing the rest of your collection, you have a lot of fun jewelry to wear (and it looks as if your kitty likes them too :))

Thanks for your reply, Jeremy! I figured that was probably the case. I'm really looking forward to receiving my strand.

Do you also have metallic white CFW earrings? :)

My question exactly! I asked for two 1/2 drilled metallic white pearls so I can make my own earrings.....

We do have a few, but call or email. We didn't have enough to put them on the site as an item. We are trying to get enough coordination together to launch a few, continuous line next year. It's iffy at this point, but I'm trying to make it a reality.

Thanks, Maiakitty!

I look forward to seeing some pics of those gorgeous white metallics!

Here's a camera phone shot of a few we did with Cynde yesterday during our six-hour mini-ruckus!

Attachments

• metallic white camera phone.jpg
    metallic white camera phone.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 34
We do have a few, but call or email. We didn't have enough to put them on the site as an item. We are trying to get enough coordination together to launch a few, continuous line next year. It's iffy at this point, but I'm trying to make it a reality.

Thanks! I called and spoke with Trevor. My strand hadn't come back from being strung yet so I hoped it could be matched to earrings. However, Trevor could not find any that were larger than 7.5-8mm, and I have big earlobes! :rolleyes: Hopefully if some become available in the future, I will try again. In the meantime I will use my Freshadama dangles or other earrings with my strand.

Gorgeous photo there in post 49!

Almost but not quite all. I never thought that any other white pearls could take the place of the white ss I got from Jeremy but the white metallic did just that. Wait till you see what else I did get. Don't have a picture of it yet but goodness it is a beauty.

Oh goodie Cynde. Can hardly wait to see your most recent acquisitions :)

DANG, Girl! After my own heart! If one is good, ten are better!!!!!

Back