men and pearls

Here we have some photos of Joc Pederson wearing his pearls!
20200220 103540

20200220 103549

Attachments

• USP-MLB_-World-Series-Atlanta-Braves-Championship.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1.jpg
    USP-MLB_-World-Series-Atlanta-Braves-Championship.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 53
I especially like the photo he is running and you can see the pearl necklace in "mid-air" around his neck :)

I agree! The beard just improves on the overall look

Wow! I actually could not recognize him!

There hasn’t been much action on this thread for a while but I wanted to post that my 18 year old nephew, a senior in High School, wears a Pearl strand almost everyday. He’s very much a follower and not a leader so I take this as indication of how popular they are for men/boys of his generation. I love it.

There hasn’t been much action on this thread for a while but I wanted to post that my 18 year old nephew, a senior in High School, wears a Pearl strand almost everyday. He’s very much a follower and not a leader so I take this as indication of how popular they are for men/boys of his generation. I love it.

Wow, that's amazing! Does he wear a white or black strand?

He’s a musician and produces beats for his friends and I think heavily influenced by rappers and musicians. So it makes sense considering people like Pharrell, A$AP Rocky, Harry Styles, etc. are rocking white pearls. He lives in a totally suburban, mostly conservative, middle-class area.

I've worn Cortez pearl necklaces and a large Cortez baroque on leather cord, Mabe pearl pendants too. I prefer to wear a single piece over a necklace, but all colors have been dark.
I could try a silvery color.

I think that pearls are for everyone, even do I haven't had any luck with Not-husband. He will not wear a trand, nor a tahitian on leather. Not even a single tahitian stud, that would be great with his long hair, giving him a piratey look. He wears it in a ponytail and gets lots of compliments from ladies. They think that he looks dangerous....(he will be 60 in two years). He didn't cut his hair for two years because of the pandemic and I wasn't allowed to, couldn't guarantee that I could do a good job....now he thinks it's practical not having his hair loose. I am working on him wearing pearls though.

You are correct Charlotta2.0 in that everyone has special needs or likes & dislikes. A Tahitian black pearl on leather might look good on not-husband, but ultimately he will be the one deciding if he will wear one...but don´t lose Faith!

Fear not CortezPearls. I will not loose faith. He doesn't have any earpiercings anyway and as most swedish men a dislike for jewelry on self....well I did manage to teach him how to add a hairtie to his hair at least. Without it his hair is a bit fluffy, like that of a mad scientist....also curly....

"Grandma, can you make me a pearl necklace for Valentine's Day? YEP! Evan's been living with me since covid, so he's being exposed to LOTS of pearls over these 2 years! He's just turning 22, a musician, and wears these almost every day. (Freshwaters, knotted on black thread.) Now he's eyeing my black pearls ~

Attachments

• photo73047.jpg
    photo73047.jpg
    830.9 KB · Views: 51
That's such a wonderful strand pattye and your grandson looks great in it. Of course he wants some tahitians, I wonder if ge would prefer a multicolored or a single colored strand. Maybe Wandy can find another blue one...

I think it is FANTASTIC to see men wearing pearls :arms:

Thank you so much, Charlotta! As for Tahitians, he has hazel eyes, so maybe a dark green/black strand? His 22nd birthday is coming up the end of April. I'd love blue Tahitians for myself, of course! I do have good quality round dark freshwaters, so that's another option.

Back