Madama natural blue Akoya

Whicker, I really like the way Hisano redesigned your fireball necklace ... very artistic, and really shows off each individual pearl now :)

Whicker, does your clasp have diamonds on it ... I think I see stones or texture ???

The redesign is lovely. I like the addition of the smaller rounds because of the space between the fireballs. A very special necklace to begin with is even more so now. Enjoy!

This is the fireball design that Hisano created after the Ruckus. Added the spacing metallic pearls and shorted the strand from the original length. I have the extra fireballs and an extender piece as well, so I can modify it to suit the occasion. It is easier to wear now, since it is lighter. (I hope the photo appears- This is my first attempt.:eek:)View attachment 32114

Awesome piece..

Whicker -- it's FABULOUS! Neck shots, please! I just love the redesign!

Whicker, your fireball necklace turned out beautifully!!

I bought an 8.5-9mm double strand of blue baroque akoya from PP in early summer. Then I got a 3rd strand from the same lot so I can wear it as a triple. I love this piece : )

Here are some pictures. The first is taken in natural light and the other two are fluorescent lighting.

8.5-9mm double strand of blue baroque akoya from Pearl ParadiseI got a 3rd pearl paradise strand from the same lot so I can wear it as a triple.  I love this pieceI got a 3rd strand from the same lot so I can wear it as a triple.  I love this piece

Thank you for all the enthusiastic reviews of this special gift of love. Gallant Jeremy felt for us, and did all he and Hisano could to make sure that it would be in Carl's hands to give me before he died..

The clasp is a special one that Jeremy picked out. It is brushed gold, set with small diamonds. The diamonds are set deep, so they don't rub my skin or pull my hair. So much thought went into it. It is very easy to use, and comfortable.

No neck shots at the moment. I don't have camera or smart phone yet, so I'll have to get one. What are your favorites? It has to have an extra chip for signal, since I live in the mountains. It also needs to be small enough that it can go in a holder that wraps around my leg when I'm riding. (In a fall, I broke my back from the phone on my waist at my hip)

Whicker, your fireball necklace turned out beautifully!!

I bought an 8.5-9mm double strand of blue baroque akoya from PP in early summer. Then I got a 3rd strand from the same lot so I can wear it as a triple. I love this piece : )

Here are some pictures. The first is taken in natural light and the other two are fluorescent lighting. View attachment 32121View attachment 32122View attachment 32123

Baby Nurse, I'm looking forward to seeing this when your photos appear. Thank you for showing them to me.

Whicker, your fireball necklace is stunning!

I just got my new triple baroque akoya yesterday, and took some quick snaps today. Sorry about the blurry shots but I figured it's more about showing the color than luster. They are much smaller (7.5-8 mm) than Baby Nurse's strand and the earrings are also from PP during the Sep sale.

triple baroque blue akoya strandblue baroque akoya pearl strand with matching earringsthree row blue baroque akoya pearl strand with matching earringstriple blue baroque akoya pearl strand with matching earrings

P.S. Forgot to mention that these are taken by the window in daylight.

Last edited:
I wonder why photos are now needing approval; usually it's just new members who need attachments approved.
Has some setting been modified?

I wrote Blair on the attachment link to admin about it. Maybe my message didn't get through. Or, whatever test they were running wasn't adjusted back after the test.

I can't see Whicker's or Baby Nurse's now! I feel a revolt coming... Blaire -- help!

Hi Whicker, I remember you from the Ruckus, as well as your gorgeous fireball necklace and the touching story behind it. The re-design is stunning. Adding the metallic spacer pearls gives each fireball room to shine in its own unique glory.

I have a double strand of blue baroque akoyas from the same lot as Baby Nurse's strands. The color is quite blue in sunlight and more silvery blue in fluorescent light. I'll attempt to post photos, but I have never done this on PG before.

These are photos Jeremy took of my baroque strands next to a couple of Madama strands on the PP table (not in the light box).

These are photos Jeremy took of my baroque strands next to a couple of Madama strands on the PP table
Madama and baroques - These are photos Jeremy took of my baroque strands next to a couple of Madama strands pearl paradise
Madama and baroques These are photos Jeremy took of my baroque strands next to a couple of Madama strands on the PP table

Back