Madama natural blue Akoya

KaySD, I'm pacing the room, checking back to see your photos. Thank you for posting them. I hope they show up, soon!

KaySD, I'm pacing the room, checking back to see your photos. Thank you for posting them. I hope they show up, soon!

I'm not so patiently waiting to see the photos Baby Nurse and Icy Jade posted, too!

Yes, we need to notify admin. I tried doing it 2x through the icon on the posts. Since we know that Blaire is super, there has to be a glitch in that method. Other ideas?

Every once in a while the platform we use for the forum (vBulletin) decides to randomly make some images "approval required" in some threads. It's always happened and we've never known why. It even happens to me once in a while. We usually just have to check every few days to see if there are any in the queue awaiting approval. I know it's annoying, but it is just a glitch we've been dealing with for a decade.

wow...great pics everyone (now that they are visible).

Whicker, I'm sorry to hear about your DH's passing. He sounds like he was a special man. Your fireball necklace is stunning, and the story behind it is beautiful. I hope you are able to find what you are looking for with your blue pearls.

Woohoo, pictures! Gorgeous triples, Baby Nurse and Icy Jade!

Hi Whicker, I remember you from the Ruckus, as well as your gorgeous fireball necklace and the touching story behind it. The re-design is stunning. Adding the metallic spacer pearls gives each fireball room to shine in its own unique glory.

I have a double strand of blue baroque akoyas from the same lot as Baby Nurse's strands. The color is quite blue in sunlight and more silvery blue in fluorescent light. I'll attempt to post photos, but I have never done this on PG before.

These are photos Jeremy took of my baroque strands next to a couple of Madama strands on the PP table (not in the light box).

View attachment 32137
View attachment 32138
View attachment 32139

WOW! I love the strand deep colors on the ones on the right and upper side of the photos. They are the colors that I was thinking of. Beautiful orient,so many shades to watch. Thank you! The ear rings are lovely with your long hair to set them off.

Whicker, your fireball necklace turned out beautifully!!

I bought an 8.5-9mm double strand of blue baroque akoya from PP in early summer. Then I got a 3rd strand from the same lot so I can wear it as a triple. I love this piece : )

Here are some pictures. The first is taken in natural light and the other two are fluorescent lighting. View attachment 32121View attachment 32122View attachment 32123

Baby Nurse, These are exquisite! That must have been an incredible lot you chose from! I can see why double and triple strands are so sublime. All the colors bounce off each other and change. I love how they enhance the skin tone and glow. Your teal sweater is wonderful with them.

Whicker, your fireball necklace is stunning!

I just got my new triple baroque akoya yesterday, and took some quick snaps today. Sorry about the blurry shots but I figured it's more about showing the color than luster. They are much smaller (7.5-8 mm) than Baby Nurse's strand and the earrings are also from PP during the Sep sale.

P.S. Forgot to mention that these are taken by the window in daylight.

How exciting to have just gotten the magic box! Thank you for doing the quick photos and posting them. They are lovely, and I like the way the strands nest and glow like fireflies. These look more silvery on my computer with amethyst purple among the blue. It so much fun to look within the pearl and see so many colors. When do we get to see the neck shots?

Baby Nurse !! Well I have to say that those photos were well worth waiting for !!!!!!!!!!!! And IcyJade...beautiful luster ! These blue Akoya are certainly special looking ... just gorgeous colours swirling around !

What she said!!! ;-)

How exciting to have just gotten the magic box! Thank you for doing the quick photos and posting them. They are lovely, and I like the way the strands nest and glow like fireflies. These look more silvery on my computer with amethyst purple among the blue. It so much fun to look within the pearl and see so many colors. When do we get to see the neck shots?

Erm. Both Baby Nurse and KaySD posted such nice neck shots... I need a bit more time cos I'm really not great with neck shots. I will post when I've something decent k?

Thanks Katbran and Gemgeek!

----
Update: Had a bit of time today so here's the neck shot. :)

triple strand blue baroque akoya neck shot
triple strand blue baroque akoya worn neck shot

Last edited:
Icyjade,
Those are soo colorful and blue and they look incredible on your skin! :) What are you using to take the photos? These are alive and happy. Thank you so much for being courageous and taking the time to share the treasures!

Yes these are really blue. :)

Whicker: you are most welcome! I use an iPhone 5. I hear that the iPhone 6 plus camera is even better and the Sony Experia camera is good too. iPhone 6 plus has an optical image stabilizer so it should cut down on blurry pics.

Back