Little ruckus with Cees

Pareltje

Cees is spending some time in Europe. Because I also asked him to find me a green ssp during March Hong Kong gem show, I went to Netherlands last week to pick it up. I also had my golden Orient pearls drilled by him.
He showed me trays of stunning strands, trays of the most beautiful loose pearls available. And gemstones... I was like a small child staring at those eye candies. I had to behave thoug, I could not allow myself to bring everything home with me because I've decided that the biggest sum of my savings would be spent for my summer holiday.
I learned quite a lot from Cees about perliculture. He showed me exotic-colored Vietnamese akoya pearls. One that caught my attention was a single peach-colored akoya, actually it has a yellow body color with a very strong pink overtone.
To cut the story short, here's what I purchased from Cees...

DSC_0456.jpg
Orient pearls, basically they are inception pearls with fwp as the nucleus inserted in Pinctada maxima oyster.
DSC_0452.jpg
It was very difficult to decide amongst many strands of Tahitian pearls. After a lot of ruminating, I decided this one was the friendliest with my wallet.

My loose T from Cees, I'm still mesmerized by its fiery overtones DSC_0348.jpg

And finally my greenish ssp... Yeah I'm crazy about green pearls. This one is a chameleon. Sometimes it looks creamy yellow, sometimes green depending on the lighting DSC_0352.jpg

That was my little ruckus and my small loot. I thank Cees for his hospitality and kindness.

Last edited:
What fun! I love the pearls that you selected. It is so fun to shop in person, isn't it?

Yes, Red.
It's much more fun to shop in person. But at the same time I felt overwhelmed by what Cees put on the table....it was like he took out all that was in his vault LOL

Thanks Pattye, I'm still looking for a bail for the loose pearl. I already have a clasp for the strand.
Thanks, Pearl Dream... I changed my phone and now my pic is upside down LOL

Wow, what beautiful choices! The coloration on the loose Tahitian is fantastic. What size are the various pearls? What do you plan to do with the loose pearls?

Ohh, lovely loot you got! That green ssp is really unique. I don't know if I've seen many that color! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Thank you KaySD, amti, Mariane and Katbran for your compliments. I feel indeed lucky to have found that Tahitian drop, it really screamed to me, "pick me up, take me home".
KaySD the strand is graduated 8-10mm, the drop Tahitian is 11-12mm, the greenish ssp a little over 12mm. The orient pearls are about 10mm, I don't have a caliper.
amti, the greenish ssp will go in a pearl cage since I've left it undrilled, I'm still looking for the perfect findings for the other loose pearls.

So much gorgeousness! I LOVE your Tahitian strand. More photos please!

Sanippy and Abi, here they are... In different lighting. DSC_0471.jpg
DSC_0470.jpg
DSC_0468.jpg
DSC_0466.jpg
zcamera-20170524_102936.jpg
Sorry the last one is blur. But I wanted to show that the colors pop against a dark background.

Thanks MSC,
It was bigger than I expected.
Somehow I regret I didn't take more pictures. But then I really was overwhelmed by the possible choices... #sigh

Last edited by a moderator:
How wonderful, Pareltje! You choose well! Can't wait to see what you create with these beauties!

I love them! I can't wait to see you wear this beauty!

Back