Linda's Lowly Beading Adventures

i got some lovely cat's eye kyanite from Druzy Design, and decided to make a wirelink necklace. Note: this is practice for the pearls I got from CMW.
catseye_kyanite_wirelink.jpg

Attachments

• catseye_kyanite_wirelink.jpg
    catseye_kyanite_wirelink.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 54
Oops, sorry about the double image! I'm still not too great at handling images.

Don't worry Linda! We all mess up! (I sure do!)

Now that you mention it BWeaves I had not heard of this material before. I read "cat's eye" and this is what "stuck" in my mind. This is some information from this material.
Kyanite - Wikipedia

Last edited:
These are akoyas, from druzy design, in the second attempt. The first time, the string was a little too short. Since I wanted it longer, I re-did it. That meant cutting all the knots, and the power pro was not easy to cut cleanly! I like the result, though:

I love this Linda!!! I have been wanting to make a bubble necklace for a few years but haven't found the time. It is such a beautiful combo!!!

All your creations are beautiful but the akoya bubble necklace draws me in the most. I really need to get making one. I have a lot of tiny akoyas from strands collected over the years. I think the cat's eye strand is beautiful too. I think it will compliment your coloring the most. Any neck shots?

Yes indeed...that blue vs white combo looks very pleasing and FRESH! And this Summer is starting to look like its going to be so Hot! Fresh is Great!

This is the bracelet set I got from CMW Pearls, with a few added in from Druzy Design (including the big one), wire linked on 24 gage sterling:
cmw_pearls2.jpg
cmw_pearls_neck.jpg

Lovely tin-cup Linda :)
Love that you are using assorted pearl sizes and shapes...makes it unique!

Now for chocolate jasper and pearls... some problems with stringing, so I will probably redo it eventually.
choc_jasper_pearls1.jpg

and a closeup of the chocolate jasper, which has amazing color variations and patterns...
choc_jasper_pearls2.jpg

Really lovely creations Linda! I'm so fond of that blue and white necklace, although the Tahitian temptation is strong :)

Really lovely Linda...the chocolate jasper gives me some "pen shell pearls" vibes. That mix works really well :D

Back