Linda's Lowly Beading Adventures

Another really pretty necklace, Linda! I dried some of my sourdough starter a few days ago. 2 different ways to do it; it's supposed to work but I've never tried it before. I'm going to reconstitute some and see if it's really still alive!

The larimar necklace:
larimar_fan_neck3.jpg
larimar_fan_neck2.jpg

I love Larimar. The fan pendant is a lovely focal point

I LOVE amethyst, and just about anything purple. This is the redo of a necklace I didn't do the greatest job on over a year ago.
amethyst_gold_beads.jpg

Gorgeous amethysts. And those wirewrapped are stunning. I manager to make a sour dough that doesn't require any yeast at all. I started it with ecological dried apricots, water, some sugar and honey I think. It makes delicious bread.

This is a re-do of a necklace I made a few years ago. I have gotten much better at beading! These are lovely citrines.
citrine_lg_beads.jpg

Linda, we need a neck shot. The citrines look lovely, but I can't tell what your necklace looks like.

OK, I'll try to remember to do a neck shot of the citrines. I have to get my daughter to help, since it always comes out awful by myself. Does anyone have some tips?
I got these rainbow pearls from Kong's, strung with amethysts and an amethyst clasp. The result is amazing:
rainbow_pearls2.jpg

OMG, those are gorgeous. Pearls and amethysts! (Fans self)

Oh, Linda, your work is beautiful! Such gorgeous colors and textures--they've brightened what is, here, a very cloudy day.

Thank you, everybody! Today I have blue topaz, with sterling and diamond polki beads. The topazes are pretty small, ~5mm.
blue_topaz_diamond_beads.jpg

I'm sorry, I'm slow to reply. A polki diamond is one which is thin and flat on one side. They usually have a point on the other, and mounted point side out. Although I've heard they can be mounted the other way, I don't think I've ever seen it.
Purple Pearls!!! And I ordered some more from Li.
purple_pearls.jpg

I'm really enjoying your gemstone necklaces, Linda! The are not only beautiful, but very delightful and cheery! Who is Li? I guess a new vendor?

Thank you all! It is Li Pearls, on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Lipearls
I've been looking for purple pearls that I really like for quite a while, and am very glad to have found these! I learned about them from Gemandpearlover's post.

Back