Linda's Lowly Beading Adventures

I don't think the fan is vintage -- I got it at our local bead store -- a really fun place to go and play around. They are, by the way, down the street from Pearl Paradise. Maybe next Ruckus? Today we have wire link emerald beads (I've been on a wire link rampage).
emerald_bead_wire_necklace.jpg

Such pretty greens, Linda! Would you mind sharing the name of that bead store near PP?

Sure, they're called Bead Source, 10606 W. Pico. I got my potato chip pearls there, and the larimar and fan, the silk for the tanzanite, and various other things. Oh, and the silverite and the diamond bead. They have a pretty wide range of stuff, from very cheap to rather expensive. They don't carry gold findings, just gold filled, sterling, and pot metal. They also have occasional classes, which I have taken (wire wrap bead necklace, now in the possession on my daughter). I enjoy talking with the people there -- I've picked up some neat ideas, and they are very nice, and helpful.

Pattye, so far the Bead Source seems to be doing fine. I go there and often pay a bit more than I would online, but it is worth it to have it in walking distance. They are also a great place to go to for inspiration. The last time I was there, one lady had a smashing necklace made of long thin pearls (stick pearls?) drilled at one end. Guess what I had to bring home, to try my hand at? I haven't made my mind up quite what to do with them. Maybe some larger beads in between, for a fan type effect? Anyway, some more ametrine beads -- small ones thia time:
ametrine_wire_link1.jpg
ametrine_wire_link2.jpg
Neck shots when I manage to pin my daughter down to help me take them!

The ametrine will be perfect with your complexion, Linda. How nice you have a bead store so close.

Those carved ametrines are so lovely, Linda! Pretty Tahitians too :)

Pattye, I hadn't thought of layering the tahitians with the gemstones. It's an interesting idea, and I'll have to do some experimenting. I have a second very colorful strand, and I planned to hook them together as a rope, but the clasp on the other one broke. My husband thinks he can fix it, whew!

More wire link, this time aquas:
aqua_wirelink_necklace.jpg
I got some nice tahitians from Wen and some keshi from Ehret, and i think I will string them together for my next project.

Beautiful Linda. I love the shade of blue of the aquamarines. Looking forward to seeing your next project. :)

Back