Linda's Lowly Beading Adventures

Well, I ordered 2 more strands from Li. One of them was a good match for the first one I ordered, so I took apart the first strand and strung them together. I really like the result. The third strand is lighter, and I think will look nice with silver beads.'
Here are the 2 first strands:
purple_pearls_neck.jpg

Anyone else want to see that beautiful new rope of Linda's "right side up? Yep, me too :)

purple_pearls_neck.jpg

Wow! Love the colours from your pearls. Are these the 10 mm pearls she offers?

Thank you Cathy, for turning the picture, and everyone for the nice comments! I have been searching for nice purple pearls for quite a while now. I love pearls, and purple and Purple Pearls!

I think the sizes are in the 10-12mm range. They are baroque, so hard to measure.

They look quite round on your neck - a lovely strand and a great length.

So pretty. I love ropes, it's easier to see the pearls. And if not-husband wants to watch some boring show at netflix then I can play with the pearls instead...and someone might say that I could do something else. Well we always watch some show every night around 9 together and he did watch the 2 hour documentary of the swedish royal jewelry with me even though he almost fell asleap. It was dreadfully boring he said, I thought it was very interesting.

I loved the Swedish jewelry documentary. I watched it in Swedish. I don't speak Swedish. I don't care. It was pure pearl and tiara pron (sic).

I really enjoyed the Swedish royal jewels documentary, too. I was fascinated by the tiara with the pearl acorns in the first hour. I wish I could find a translated version. And I did get my husband to watch a little bit. He speaks Dutch, but the Swedish was beyond him. I took a screenshot of the tiara. It looks like they used tahitian pearls:
pearl_acorn_tiara.jpg

Lovely purple rope Linda! I am a big fan of ropes and your is very pretty, really purple and great luster, too! Enjoy!

That diadem is accually made out of steel and gilded brass. It was made around 1810, at the time very fascionable. Queen Silvia found it in a cabinet in Stockholm castle during the 1970:s. It's very delicate and took great skill in making.

Thank you, Charlotta, that is fascinating! So the acorns are not pearls after all? At around that time, too, aluminum was being used for jewelry, along with cut steel.

Back