Kojima Pearl

Gorgeous earrings, all of them. Purlgurl I love the second pair you showed...and Sarah's second pair also. A bit of assymetry is good... messes with your head just enough to keep it interesting!

Sarah, I agree with Nerida, the second pair is delicious! The yellow gold brings out the warmth. I have a superb Kunzite trilliant which is calling out for a metallic pink nuggety pearl. Hmmm, I wonder if I can find another shape for a mismatched pair.

Just came back to this post and wow!

Olga, fabulous earrings-but oh that ring, the basket setting is just brilliant.
It has a Renaissance feel about it, kudos to you and your jeweller.

Nora, I am very partial to keshi's-those are very eye catching.
Lucky you!

Carolyn, you make fun jewellery.

Sarah, mmmmmmmmmmmm! both those set of earrings are just sublime.

Thank you Purlgurl and Sarah for showing those delicious earrings :) I love pearl jewellery that helps to dispell the myth that pearls are 'old lady' and 'conservative'.

Pattye, I'm unsure whether it was Coco Chanel or Wallis Simpson who wore mis-matched earrings but both were trendsetters in couture and jewellery. The Duke of Windsor lavished magnificent jewellery on his Duchess, much of it commissioned from Cartier. Her engagement ring was a massive emerald and her wedding gift an incredible sapphire and diamond cuff bracelet.

I know that Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis had a beautiful mis-matched pair of drop Tahitian and drop white SS earrings with diamond encrusted fittings. Her daughter Caroline wore them on her wedding day :) As you can tell, I'm interested in the jewellery collections of royalty and prominent figures. Mmmm fascinated is probably a better word!

Vintage Button Bracelet

Vintage Button Bracelet

Spring greetings to you all!
I thought I would share this recent arrival. Hand made by an amazing artisan.. Geoffrey Brown of Chino, Arizona.
We met Geoffrey at our booth in Tucson, this last February.. and since then he and I have been collaborating on new one of a kind jewelry designs.
One of the things I enjoy the most about what I do.. is meeting and getting to work with other jewelers and designers. It really feels good to support independent jewelers, and especially when the pieces seem to breathe the special air of "keep sake" jewelry.
I bought this vintage button years ago at a local bead show here in Oakland.. and Geoffrey brought it to life again in this elegant bracelet, set with 7 pieces of Chinese fresh water "keshi" pearls.
I was very pleased with the way it turned out!
Thank you Geoffrey, and I hope you all enjoy this as much as I do!
Cheers, Sarah

Attachments

• Another view of  ~ROMANCE~.
    Another view of ~ROMANCE~.
    27.6 KB · Views: 34
  • geishabracelet1.jpg
    geishabracelet1.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 33
  • geishabracelet3.jpg
    geishabracelet3.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 30
  • geishabracelet4.jpg
    geishabracelet4.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 33
  • geishabracelet5.jpg
    geishabracelet5.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 32
and speaking of collaborations... These are the earrings that Judi McCormick made for me (you will all recognize her as judimcc6).
I love them very very very much. The work is very fine.. and I think the gold and the pondslime pearls work really well together!
Thanks Judi!
These are my keep sakes!

Attachments

• judi1.jpg
    judi1.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 29
  • judi2.jpg
    judi2.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 33
  • judi3.jpg
    judi3.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 32
  • judi4.jpg
    judi4.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 29
Kudos to Geoffrey Brown (of Chino Valley AZ?). I love how he referenced a classic southwestern bracelet style but went beyond it in the curvy tips. Then the Asian front side with the medallion and keshi apple blossoms...My Oh My!

Wow! I went away for a minute to write my last post and when I come back, you have the photos of Judi's ingenious work up. Your personal keepsakes aren't just jewelry, they are art.

Sarah - gorgeous work from both Judi and Geoffrey.... congratulations to them both! I agree with Caitlin - they are art, not just jewellery..

Shouldn't jewelry always be art?

Sarah, those are beautiful pieces of art!

I love the Geoffrey Brown's bracelet! It really speaks to me.
The earrings are also great. I have used similar idea once, making earrings for a friend. Took me a lot of time. I thought it would be max an hour job :). These were smaller silver rings and not that full of pearls.

Maria

Back