KIMA (Tridacna sp) Pearls

Wouldn't it be great to solve this image mystery (re background, the man of the house is typically the last one to know where all the towels are, chose the first one I saw?propose to re-shoot with color of preference.)
Your pictures are JPEG, which is fine, but they are saved under the CMYK mode instead of RGB color. That is why they do not show on Internet Explorer.

When saving the picture, make sure they're RGB. Using Photoshop, this can be done in the main menu Image > Mode > RGB Color.

I was dragged back to the forum by a comment by Patricia on Jewelmer's facebook page. Excellent thread, and I like the new name. :)

Your pictures are JPEG, which is fine, but they are saved under the CMYK mode instead of RGB color. That is why they do not show on Internet Explorer.

When saving the picture, make sure they're RGB. Using Photoshop, this can be done in the main menu Image > Mode > RGB Color.

I was dragged back to the forum by a comment by Patricia on Jewelmer's facebook page. Excellent thread, and I like the new name. :)
Thanks, image in post 35 is reposted, await results?

Welcome back, you've missed a lot of fun but can claim considerable responsibility for the hole in my pocketbook 'In Search of Nautilus.'

All of your images have been showing up fine in Google Chrome and Firefox browsers.

I love the layout- station-styles have always been one of my very favorites due to their versatility and casual elegance. I don't think this piece can be construed as casual though ;) It's exotic pearl jewelry at it's finest- I'm in love

Mmm- all I can think about are large, thick chunky oval links with a few encrusted with diamond melee here and there throughout... are you going to have the abalone "wrapped"? I guess the more proper term for it would be bezel-set

I love the layout- station-styles have always been one of my very favorites due to their versatility and casual elegance. I don't think this piece can be construed as casual though ;) It's exotic pearl jewelry at it's finest- I'm in love

Mmm- all I can think about are large, thick chunky oval links with a few encrusted with diamond melee here and there throughout... are you going to have the abalone "wrapped"? I guess the more proper term for it would be bezel-set
Thanks for the vote of confidence! The center drop is the one that caught your eye earlier?

I think the Kima will benefit from the contrast of metal and stone, drawing more intensity out of the pearls. Even outrageously colored Conch are not successful on their own?except perhaps as a hedonistic statement.

The abalone would definitely be set in accordance with the design, and your concept is noted!

Aw shucks :p - I meant every word :D And yeah that center drop is spectacular!

Rather than conch, what about melo melo? the golden and orangey tones might be an interesting contrast with the abalone... Now you just have me daydreaming! :rolleyes:

Well it appears I misread your comment, but I'm still thinking melo melo lol :D

I use Photoshop to size the jpeg images and sometime in April it seems that the default color setting switched to CMYK from RGB. Effisk to the rescue?

Great comments and lots of concepts to push along. In current design phase for another Kima piece blue sapphires have surfaced as a highly complementary stone, tying in with abalone as well. But my insertion of the ab was simply a convenient use of material at hand, that position in this design will become the necklace theme, so must be absolutely sure?

'Tridacna' would not do justice to this, a 17.3x25mm, 53.75ct perfect Kima drop. Hard to imagine a more intense and pervasive flame! The pearl was obviously found attached to the shell?and just in time, as once attached the pearl would soon begin to lose its symmetry and perfect surface features.

Attachments

• 53.75-Comp(2).jpg
    53.75-Comp(2).jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Wow, another beauty!
Thanks. This one should put a cap on the collection for a while, although I've said that before. As a pearl 'on the cusp' reaching maximum perfection and discovered at just the moment it would have begun to deteriorate, the bar has been raised to a new level.

So true. This has been an amazing journey for me, from the sidelines - how much more fun it must have been to actually be instrumental in these episodes, advancing the body of knowledge!

Steve, have you been oiling all of your recent pearls before photographing them? New toy?

Lisa,

No oil?I used it primarily on a large lot of Tridacna upon hearing Douglas' (Cortez Pearls) suggestion due to the seller's indication that the pearls were recently harvested and required some basic cleaning. Nothing to be gained with naturally lustrous and clean pearl.

Kima Pearl And Cinnamon Diamond Ring

Kima Pearl And Cinnamon Diamond Ring

Thought I would share this ring with you - it is an 18k white gold ring featuring a beautiful 6.59ct Kima (Tridacna) pearl with excellent flame, and a pair of natural cinnamon diamonds weighing 0.38ct total. This was my client's design (she has since been obliged to cancel her order however), and I think that her concept of the juxtaposition of the white pearl together with the cinnamon diamonds, in the white gold settting, is rather special, not to say unique ! All comments much appreciated

Attachments

• kimaringLL.jpg
    kimaringLL.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 54
What superb taste. Pure class!

I'm sure this will open creative doors. It's what this thread has been seeking in terms of practical application.

Kima for sure! 9.2 carats, perfect 11.6mm x 8.5mm domed button, and flame so evenly and finely distributed that the chatoyance faithfully follows the light wherever it goes?

Perfect ring material, no diamonds necessary.

Attachments

• TridMax9.2-1.18.11(1).jpg
    TridMax9.2-1.18.11(1).jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 44
So cool. Steve, you always show us the best stuff!

Back