Kasumi-like pearls from ebay seller

colourmad

Hello all,

Having found this website by chance yesterday, I have read many of the posts and I am now officially a lover of Kasumi pearls.
I have done an extensive search to see where I could get some from, hardly any on Etsy, where I usually get my beads. Found this on ebay, and wanted to ask the opinion of the experts here, and more specifically, if you have heard of this seller: agustus collection in Bali.( was not allowed by this site to post link:(

I should perhaps mention that I live in the UK, and make jewellery as a hobby, mostly for myself. I envy people in the US for the wide variety of pearl suppliers available to them, very little quality stuff available where I am. Will post another message specifically asking for suppliers.

Thank you for your help.

Catrinel

Hello Catrinel,

Welcome! Yes, I would say Augustus is a trusted seller (one of the few on ebay) Not sure why, but surprised the link to them wouldn't post. Augustus is very thorough with descriptions, and photos. I have bought gold findings from them in the far past. You will have to decide how you feel about the prices they ask.

You might also check out one of our UK members here, Wendy, who sells both pearls and gems. Generally speaking, online sellers often have more stock than is listed on their websites, so do contact them personally if you are looking for something specific.

http://www.Pearlescence.co.uk

www.Gemescence.co.uk

Here is the link to the Augustus-collection http://stores.ebay.com/AGUSTUS-Collection?_trksid=p4340.l2563

My preference is always to do business whenever possible within my own country, for speed of shipment and no worries about paying extra shipping or duty fees. I know Wendy has offered the Chinese Kasumi-like pearls in the past~ (oops. my oatmeal was burning, so ran off for a minute) I got some from her and they are lovely!

Last edited:
Thank you Pattye,

I did look at Wendy's website, sadly the ones she has are a bit too golden for my skin colour( dark hair and eyes with mediterranean skin tint). I may make Augustus an offer, see what comes of it; would prefer to have several alternative suppliers before deciding to buy pearls on ebay, for obvious reasons. It took me a while to bite the bullet and buy on Etsy, but generally I have had a good experince there, with very few mishaps.

Hope your oatmeal was not burned!

Catrinel

They are both good sellers, but those "highly-rippled" pearls are butt-ugly -- don't do it! ;)

Have to agree with GemGeek on those. Some pearls should be given back to the water!

Hello all,

Having found this website by chance yesterday, I have read many of the posts and I am now officially a lover of Kasumi pearls.
I have done an extensive search to see where I could get some from, hardly any on Etsy, where I usually get my beads. Found this on ebay, and wanted to ask the opinion of the experts here, and more specifically, if you have heard of this seller: agustus collection in Bali.( was not allowed by this site to post link:(

I should perhaps mention that I live in the UK, and make jewellery as a hobby, mostly for myself. I envy people in the US for the wide variety of pearl suppliers available to them, very little quality stuff available where I am. Will post another message specifically asking for suppliers.

Thank you for your help.

Catrinel

Dear Catrinel,
please note, there are 3 different words. 1) Kasumiga Pearls, this was a registed trademark of a japanese dealer, that must not mean that they are KasumigaUra Pealrs.!
2) Kasumiga-Ura Pearls from Japan, Kasumgaura lake. They are orginaly from japan and are gonade grown. you can see in x ray a 2nd drilling fo the the nucleos, due to the cultivation process. for details of this you can see the zeitung der Deutschen Gemmologischen Gesellschaft, last issue, wher prof h?nny has writte a articel in last issue. If you want can send you copy
3) Kasumiga-Ura-like pearls, from china since about 2,5 years. I have reported about this pearls 1,5 year ago, also some reports from 'tuscon fair arroung 2006. Are cultivated same way as the japanese Kasumiga-Ura Pearls, but now in China. also gonade grown. but much bigger in size than the japanes one.
see last visit about up to 18mm in round. also lot of neckaces. but most of this are graduated.
some of the kasumigaUra pearls (from japan and also from china) have a hammer-like surface. This was typically for this kind of gonade grown pearls. but also aobut60 % can bei round or roundische (not fireballs!!!!!). SOME white, but also seen in nice natural colors with nice lusters .

I AM also carry lot of kasumiga-Ura like pearls from china, what are much cheaper and in sizese bigger. output of japan this year about 3 kg I heard, from china about 6000 kg up. if you are intersted can send you some pictures of my stock, loose one and also strings, but lot have sold out last fair in Inhorgenta at muenich
Georg Wiesauer, 8010 Graz, Austria Stempfergasse 10 mail : info@wiesauer.at

Back