Kamoka Beauties

I can see a lot went on since I last read this thread.

Congrats to young Miss JerseyPearl for her admission to Wellesley! How exciting!

And that pointy pearl-- that is just unreal!

The little keshis are so sweet on this piece. I loved them on the ends of the tin cup, so naturally I had to have one on the extender too! Ladies, these pearls are impossible to photograph in real life...I went to my local jeweler (been shopping with them for over 20 years) today because I wanted to sell some old odds and ends gold....came out with a gorgeous set of diamond studs for my youngest daughter (graduating HS and just found out she got into Wellesley!!!)...I digress...point here is that this jeweler does carry some wonderful pearls and he was gaga over my new tin cup. In particular, he was struck by the teal pearl and the white-blue pearl...said they were very very special, which of course I already knew!

Oh, big congratulations!!! My daughter will be hearing from all her colleges by Tuesday. The tension is very high in our household...

BAS, good luck to your daughter! This is our third time through the college process...she hears from her top choice tonight (was deferred from early decision). Did you happen to read the Frank Bruni op-ed last week in the NYTimes? It was right on point, and a good read for all parents!

Good luck to everyone waiting for college decisions! I am free from stress of (UK) university applications this year but next year will be the third time for me when my son applies for a place at the London school of economics eek :eek:

To help relieve the stress, here are a couple more Kamoka beauties..

Pastel green sterling silver swirl ring
Untitled by lavenderjade68, on Flickr

Earrings and enhancer pendant matched to the ring by Celeste
Kamoka set by lavenderjade68, on Flickr

I cannot capture the beautiful pale sea green, it is stunning and the pearls are so lustrous!

Lavender, those are gorgeous! Pearls are a great way to de-stress! Since my last post, my daughter has heard from all of her schools (she applied to 12) and has gotten into her top choice: Barnard College. So she will be about an hour away from home in NYC. I have one in OH in college (going to study abroad in Japan for next year...he's a Japanese language/Japanese history major), and my oldest graduating this spring from the University of St. Andrews (masters in art history and english). She loves being in Scotland, but wants to be back in the states after graduation.

Congratulations to your daughter on getting into her top choice!

My daughter also applied to 12...which still just amazes me. Back in my day, I applied to just 2!
But we didn't have the Common App back in the early 1970s.

We just heard -- DD got into Columbia University! (She had applied to 12 colleges.) She can join her brother, who attends the Columbia University School of Engineering. I could not be more proud or happy at this moment!

Back to pearls. Lavenderjade -- I love your ring, especially!

Congratulations to your daughter on getting into her top choice!

My daughter also applied to 12...which still just amazes me. Back in my day, I applied to just 2!
But we didn't have the Common App back in the early 1970s.

I applied to 5 schools, and I still recall my guidance counselor complaining to my parents that it was too many schools! And that too was back in the 1970s.

Congratulations to all our successful college bound kids ... great achievements by them all .... and their parents :) My daughter's best friend in HS was the daughter of the PHD president of the local community college, wonderful man. She visited 25 or 30 colleges, applied to many ... I looked at dear daughter mine (also a great student) and said "Uh ... when do we have to start visiting and how many do we apply to and ... and ..." She looked at me with an amused, appalled look on her face and said "Look Mom, I'm applying to 3, and picking 1 and DONE" We visited 2; she refused to get out of the car on the drive through the 3rd ... "Mom, the dorm is on one hill, the cafeteria on another, the classrooms at the bottom of the hill, the sun doesn't shine on any side of those hills ... nope, don't need to get out of the car here" and off Dad drove LOL. Just for the record, she does have a big pocket full of degrees despite the above, and is director of 2 university libraries and yes, she's still that practical :) And she owns about as much jewelry as she visited colleges LOL ...

What is with these daughters that don't enjoy/appreciate jewelry?! Maybe it skips a generation?

What is with these daughters that don't enjoy/appreciate jewelry?! Maybe it skips a generation?

Congrats to all who got into the schools of their choice.

My son was an underachiever who applied to, and got into, the one college that he did attend and graduate from (in four years, no less):). My DD applied to two art schools, and after getting into the first one (local, the safe choice, but not where she really wanted to go) with a big fat merit scholarship, I promptly called art school two to tell them about it. A few weeks later they came though with acceptance, and matched her merit scholarship. And that's where she went and graduated from four years later.

And, DD has never liked jewelry. She's not big on clothes either. She is her own person, and I love her as she is. But, I smile whenever someone justifies their jewelry purchase by saying that they will pass it down. I say, buy what you like, and enjoy wearing it, but don't count on anyone else liking what you do. The voice of experience here. :rolleyes:

Back