Kamoka Beauties

Congratulations and celebrations all round!!
I am sure it is always stressful for the Dear Parents and of course they need lots of de-stressing therapy...
Way to go with as many pearls as possible!!

PS
I am a DD who has always loved her DM's jewellery!
But I agree, Red, "buy what you like, and enjoy wearing it, but don't count on anyone else liking what you do. "

lavenderjade - Fantastic pearls! I love that light sea green color, so different, and the luster is tdf!

Congratulations BAS and JerseyPearl! What wonderful news. My kids are still one and three-year old so university still seems very far away... It must be very exciting, though.

BAS, I did not have any interest in jewelry until I was at least in my late 20s (more like early 30s). I went from dismissing to coveting my mother's!! She's very generous and has already passed on some beautiful pieces to me that have been in the family for generations.

Thanks everyone!
My girls both enjoy jewelry, although the older one is a designer maven (if it doesn't come out of a box she recognizes, she's not interested). The youngest has more of an appreciation for the artistry of metals, stones and pearls. And my son just laughs and wonders why anyone would want to wear something so expensive...just think of all the technology you could buy instead!

BAS - excellent news ! And how great that her brother is there as well...makes the first few months a bit easier to have someone to show you the ropes !

:( My computer died suddenly last week .. so I hadn't realised that I'd missed quite a few posts... so I have to say that I'm thrilled for your daughter Jersey Pearl..Barnard !! How fabulous is that !! Congratulations ! Splendid effort !! :)

And the school fees....I don't think they ever end... I was so happy when they finished year 12 .. after 14 years of private school fees I thought I'd be home free with just University fees to pay...but it seems to go on .. and on... and on... finish one degree and start another.... I'm quite convinced they are just avoiding working for a living...

Last edited:
If you love the uniqueness of circled pearls with amazing colors check out Kamoka's new bracelets! I love my 2 K bracelets and am pearled-out now but I thought I could enable someone???

So, yesterday evening DH and I attended a private jewel showing at one of our favorite local jewelry designers. Besides the jewels for sale, it is always a treat to see the jewelry wore by the attendees. The woman sitting across from me was sporting a simple gold petal ring with the most stunning blue-green Tahitian pearl. I complimented her on the Tahitian ring she was wearing. She thanked me and said, it's a Kamoka.

Well, hello, of course it was! And, I was privileged to be able to admire this incredibly lustrous pearl all evening. Back home it didn't take me long to find a photo of this stunner in the Kamoka facebook pages.

So, I spotted a Kamoka in the wild. What would be the chances?! This helped to make my week. (By the way, I came home from the event with a small pair of sparkly demantoid garnets (for my future pearl pistachio earrings??))

KamokaBlueGreenRing.jpg

Red, I loved this story! and Thank you for the archive search that produced the photo.

Red, what fun!
Did the two of you talk Pearl-Guide? Perhaps the owner of that gorgeous green pearl is a reader, or even a member.

A Kamoka in the wild - incredible! I don't see anyone wearing pearls (well, except for in the mirror) and to actually see this beauty irl on someone else had to have been truly memorable!

A Kamoka in the Wild ... incredible! I've loved this ring since I first saw it last summer (probably with a different pearl in) ... don't own it ... yet LOL. Red ... Demantoid garnets + pistachio pearls = Brilliant! Look forward to seeing that in the future :)

Red demantoid garnets and pistachio pearls! I can't wait to see this project come to fruition! Must be great to meet a fellow Kamoka pearl lover, although a private jewelry event is hardly the Wild. :D

What a wonderful story! And what a perfect combo -- the Kamoka pearl in the wild, and the appreciative pearl connoisseur sitting across from it!!!

Red demantoid garnets and pistachio pearls! I can't wait to see this project come to fruition! Must be great to meet a fellow Kamoka pearl lover, although a private jewelry event is hardly the Wild. :D
So true. This was definitely a Cultured event.

Last edited:
Back