how would you wear....

I think la_corsettiere also wore her Tahitians to go scuba diving. I hope my memory doesn't fail me.

now see that makes all kinds of sense to me...... pearls come from the water, and from reading around ......salt water is good for them

Oh yeah, the Duck's in trouble. It's like the Hotel California, Very Violet. You can never leave!

I think pearls go with jeans and flannel shirts the same way diamond earrings do- the contrast is fun. But to me it's also touchy-feely and can go the wrong way, too. I usually wear some kind of pearls every day, and I just go with my feeling because who wants to go about feeling silly. I'm more likely to wear baroque or smaller pearls with my usual very casual clothes. And if I'm not wearing makeup or going anywhere, I usually just wear small pearl stud earrings. My style is pretty simple anyway, usually no more than three jewelry pieces total.

As per another earlier post, ha I had forgotten all about earth shoes. One way I can think of to gain confidence about what goes with what is to watch a reality TV fashion makeover show. I can't remember the names of any now but if you feel like googling it, you can probably find one. Just be prepared to cringe, though! It reminds me of those house hunting shows where I keep seeing my kitchen cabinets and such and some lil Miss Priss househunter shrieks and says she simply shan't live in such squalor. :(

i'm beginning to see that.....
but please don't make me watch tv.....i will gladly muck pens out before watching tv
i loved my earth shoes.... i was working and saved for them and wore them until i sunk my vw bug in flood water,
and had to walk out of the flood..... couldn't save the shoes, overalls..... actually nothing but me was able to be salvaged
that was in 78.... so i guess i had the shoes.. maybe 3 years
i loved those things
*we are to redo the kitchen, redo is used loosely with sarcasm, as the kitchen would have to actually have been done a first time, but i have hopes -old old house, busy husband who procrastinates****

P.S. VeryViolet, about the tunics you mentioned, I wear them too because I like to wear leggings, which seem too much like tights to not cover up the bottomland with them on. But they were really hard to find, until I accidentally drifted over into a clothing department's maternity section one day. :)

i wear them cause they cover up some assets that .....well no one needs to see assets like mine, ahem... i don't want to accidentally to someone to stone

listen don't think at one point i wasn't tempted to insert maternity panels in some pants that had gotten a.....um a WEE bit too ........tight.....
i resisted and bought larger pants
::: sigh::: now i appear to be going the other way, i bought my normal size and have to take them in...
i expect once i do..i will immediately gain weight again
i don't care at this point what size i am.....i look down at me, and tell my body...'pick a size, any size, but stay there please'

Earth Shoes! Back when I was in college in the mid 1970s, there was an Earth Shoes store on Broadway in New Haven, near the Yale Co-Op. They were $35 or $38, which was too rich for me. I bought a negative heel shoe from Sears instead. You always felt like you were walking uphill with them-- great exercise for calf muscles!

i saved and saved..... i was working so i splurged.... of course splurging came to an end in 77..... cause while i was a zygote in a petri dish, ...i got married..... *the zygote is my story and i'm sticking to it

Vi, my D and I were talking about weight fluctuation.

She pointed out that, at any given moment, one can't know for sure if one's size is going up or down. Therefore it's both increasing and decreasing at the same time.
In other words, it's Schrodinger's Azz. :D

That girl cracks me up every time.

Trylyviolet -- omg how come I had not seen this thread sooner! I always have this question which is why all my pearl strands are sitting in the closet. I do not think I dress well enough to match them on daily basis.

dkan168 -- funny you mentioned a cat! i hid myself in the walking closet while trying to string pearls to hide away from the cats too :) imagine they see beads and string!!! Lol

Vi, my D and I were talking about weight fluctuation.

She pointed out that, at any given moment, one can't know for sure if one's size is going up or down. Therefore it's both increasing and decreasing at the same time.
In other words, it's Schrodinger's Azz. :D

That girl cracks me up every time.

ok,........ THIS ''Schrodinger's Azz.''
THIS caused me to spew coffee.....
hahahahahahahaha
tell the daughter....... she won the internet today

Trylyviolet -- omg how come I had not seen this thread sooner! I always have this question which is why all my pearl strands are sitting in the closet. I do not think I dress well enough to match them on daily basis.

dkan168 -- funny you mentioned a cat! i hid myself in the walking closet while trying to string pearls to hide away from the cats too :) imagine they see beads and string!!! Lol

i keep looking at what the folks here wear...... and how, and i think.... wow omg......
when i do get out of my studio clothes i normally wear jeans, and a collared shirt with either 3/4 or long sleeves
i wear a lot of plaid or denim shirts, and i have an extreme weakness for tweed and marled sweaters in winter-
i'm also finding myself going out much more now, plus i have some stuff coming up that i need to look pulled together, and a bit more formal then plaid and jeans
add that to the whole .....um..... short and stout thing i got going on... yeah not so easy
i am so trying to do better

The old age question "what came first the chicken or the egg?" That is how I have gone about collecting pearls and matching outfits. Sometimes I have an outfit in mind and look for a pearl to wear with it. Then for me the most dangerous way is to fall in love with a pearl and then buy the outfits to show it off. Have fun collecting the pearls to go with your tweeds and plaids. One suggestion would be to start with a white strand or white pearl pendent. It would go well with both of your outfit choices no matter of the colors. Then you could branch out to other colors and types.

The old age question "what came first the chicken or the egg?" That is how I have gone about collecting pearls and matching outfits. Sometimes I have an outfit in mind and look for a pearl to wear with it. Then for me the most dangerous way is to fall in love with a pearl and then buy the outfits to show it off. Have fun collecting the pearls to go with your tweeds and plaids. One suggestion would be to start with a white strand or white pearl pendent. It would go well with both of your outfit choices no matter of the colors. Then you could branch out to other colors and types.

i keep looking and looking and i found i take notice of sherbet colors ....... very organic shapes
i like ripples and baroques and those metallic egg shaped pearls (in sherbet colors, pale to medium peaches and pinks, and lavenders)
i'm going to order some large freshwaters, and play with knotting for a bit

Back