how would you wear....

Our friend Newberry re-invented the word "classic" when it comes to pearls :)

I was just on the Anthropologie website, and they're showing a 4 strand necklace of faux pearls and pairing it with everything.

https://www.anthropologie.com/shop/...er?color=010&quantity=1&size=ALL&type=REGULAR

Sometimes I get ideas for wearing my real jewelry from looking at how the fake stuff is being styled.

But mostly I'm inspired by everyone who posts on this forum.

well i know yous all inspired me (i'm from jersey .....yous is a word)

i originally wandered in to learn about pearls so i could do those earrings
now i'm drooling over metallic egg shaped pearls in rose gold tin cups
and long strands.....
and last night what sleep i did get..... had baroque pearls in metallic pastel colors floating around

umm...... i really hope i'm not going to need an intervention

Our friend Newberry re-invented the word "classic" when it comes to pearls :)

i'm still trying to remember who's who....

i think i got a bit overwhelmed
i know i spent quite a few late nights here......and that thread of over 300 posts with photos......omg i had to keep going back
and the thread of the teacher (sorry i'm still getting used to you all) ...... every day for a school year
and so many other threads....
i would read and look for hours
1-2 am finally i would go up to bed

Donna Reed wore pearls to run the vacuum. Just sayin'.

Nothing wrong with that.

I do take mine off to cook or clean the toilet, or basically any time I think acids, oils or chemicals that might hurt the pearls might splash.

Donna Reed wore pearls to run the vacuum. Just sayin'.

didn't she also wear heels?
but the vacuum word....... ummm what is that???????
i had one i think but it got buried under books and dust

Nothing wrong with that.

I do take mine off to cook or clean the toilet, or basically any time I think acids, oils or chemicals that might hurt the pearls might splash.

i'm thinking, pearls in the studio would be out then
i never know what is going to happen in here

I wear pearls to work most every day and only take em off if I'm wearing a rope and have to check a kid's head for lice :)

I wear pearls every day. Whether I'm in the office at the drafting board, meetings with clients or nurseries and even at project installations. I don't wear ropes at installations, even though I don't do the work, but they could easily get caught on limbs or branches. At all variations of dressing up or down, pearls are always a part of my wardrobe!

I can do basic wire wrap, and have recently made myself 2 bracelets with 9 pearl dangles each, one with Tahitians and the other with white Keshis.

I have also made some pearl drops to wear with a small pair of diamond huggies.

I used to re-string my own strands, however, that stopped when I got a cat!

Good luck with your projects.

DK :)

I have been trying to wear pearls every day since seeing all the wonderful pictures of ladies and their strands here. When I'm in a very casual setting or know I'll be moving around a lot, I tend to grab a simple 18" chain and a single pearl pendant. I do improv classes, and ropes would only get in the way, so a pendant has been my go to for them. I grab my ropes more than my shorter strands just because they are easier for me to wear and more of my liking. The only place I don't seem to wear pearls is the gym and where I might sweat a lot, for obvious reasons. Otherwise, you betcha I have a pearl on me!

I think la_corsettiere also wore her Tahitians to go scuba diving. I hope my memory doesn't fail me.

Oh yeah, the Duck's in trouble. It's like the Hotel California, Very Violet. You can never leave!

I think pearls go with jeans and flannel shirts the same way diamond earrings do- the contrast is fun. But to me it's also touchy-feely and can go the wrong way, too. I usually wear some kind of pearls every day, and I just go with my feeling because who wants to go about feeling silly. I'm more likely to wear baroque or smaller pearls with my usual very casual clothes. And if I'm not wearing makeup or going anywhere, I usually just wear small pearl stud earrings. My style is pretty simple anyway, usually no more than three jewelry pieces total.

As per another earlier post, ha I had forgotten all about earth shoes. One way I can think of to gain confidence about what goes with what is to watch a reality TV fashion makeover show. I can't remember the names of any now but if you feel like googling it, you can probably find one. Just be prepared to cringe, though! It reminds me of those house hunting shows where I keep seeing my kitchen cabinets and such and some lil Miss Priss househunter shrieks and says she simply shan't live in such squalor. :(

P.S. VeryViolet, about the tunics you mentioned, I wear them too because I like to wear leggings, which seem too much like tights to not cover up the bottomland with them on. But they were really hard to find, until I accidentally drifted over into a clothing department's maternity section one day. :)

Earth Shoes! Back when I was in college in the mid 1970s, there was an Earth Shoes store on Broadway in New Haven, near the Yale Co-Op. They were $35 or $38, which was too rich for me. I bought a negative heel shoe from Sears instead. You always felt like you were walking uphill with them-- great exercise for calf muscles!

I wear pearls every day. Whether I'm in the office at the drafting board, meetings with clients or nurseries and even at project installations. I don't wear ropes at installations, even though I don't do the work, but they could easily get caught on limbs or branches. At all variations of dressing up or down, pearls are always a part of my wardrobe!
i don't think here they'd be safe in the studio... as i get working and don't pay attention to anything (ahem, i once sat on a cat and didn't realize)....... but i'm planning on getting pearls to wear when i'm not in the studio. (and for the receptions)

I can do basic wire wrap, and have recently made myself 2 bracelets with 9 pearl dangles each, one with Tahitians and the other with white Keshis.

I have also made some pearl drops to wear with a small pair of diamond huggies.

I used to re-string my own strands, however, that stopped when I got a cat!

Good luck with your projects.

DK :)

thank you
we have two cats now, usually though they are fuzzy slugs when the woodstove is on....

I have been trying to wear pearls every day since seeing all the wonderful pictures of ladies and their strands here. When I'm in a very casual setting or know I'll be moving around a lot, I tend to grab a simple 18" chain and a single pearl pendant. I do improv classes, and ropes would only get in the way, so a pendant has been my go to for them. I grab my ropes more than my shorter strands just because they are easier for me to wear and more of my liking. The only place I don't seem to wear pearls is the gym and where I might sweat a lot, for obvious reasons. Otherwise, you betcha I have a pearl on me!

i am so getting the bug now

Back