Harvest Strand - the Tahitian sampler

Cicadalady

I know I showed this one in another thread, so please bear with my enthusiasm for this piece :). I'm so enjoying kicking back with this Tahitian harvest strand this weekend. Worn long (it's 36") it reminds me of my flower child love beads days. Each pearl Has its own personality, yet they all work together harmoniously. When I wear it doubled everything's so balanced that it doesn't really have a front/back, so I can have a slightly different look just by giving it a quarter turn. Kudos to Josh Humbert for its composition!

IMG_1981.jpg

IMG_1987.jpg

IMG_1990.jpg

IMG_1991.jpg

CicadaLady, repeat appearances by beautiful pearls are always appreciated here; and more so when they are masterworks by Josh Humbert :) Thanks for letting us see those lovelies again!

I'm glad you posted more pictures! That's a stunning harvest strand and very lustrous! I bet that is a strand you'll never get tired of!

Never heard of a harvest strand but it is very flattering.

I like that those identical silver drops found there way next to each other on both sides of the strand bbut the rest seem random.

A harvest strand is one where all the pearls come from the same harvest. You don't get a matched set, but a wonderful random set of pearls.

There are also faux harvest strands out there, which are equally beautiful, but they are very difficult to make. It's hard to make unmatched baroque pearls look like a balanced strand.

Congratulations on your harvest strand! I love the clasp, very matching! Every time I see someone else's harvest strand I start thinking it's time to get my own))

What an amazing harvest strand! Do you have a favourite pearl?

Every time I think I've found my "favorite" another one tugs at my heart. Each has its own charms :)

Wow...a harvest strand & sipping vintage wine....so many pearls...Guess you can give them a year date then...Cool!

Ooohhhhhhh that is very beautifulllll! I would run my grubby little hand aaallll day on that necklace!

Back