Hanadama pearls from Pearl Paradise.com

Hey Blaire, your photos have caught the beauty of the Hanadamas. Breathtaking! It's hard to drag your eyes away from them! I see you have some of the Blue Akoyas in your collection too. I love that color! Doesn't suit me :( but I love the color on other people - sigh!

Here is a photo showing the pinked and natural white Hanadamas side by side....

natural white vs regular hanadama

On this one, the foreground strand is in focus and is the pinked strand...

Comparing Natural White and Pinked Hanadama

Lovely pearls Gem Geek, the natural white one looks a bit pinikish on my screen. Enjoy them and thanks for the excellent pics.

Natalie took the photos. :cool: In person, the difference between the pink and white is very evident, but those darn overtones make the natural whites colorful anyway! ;)

Thanks for all the positive comments. I'm having fun with these pearls.

life itself!

life itself!

Blaire,
I too wanted to thank you for all of the great pix of your pearls!!! You are, indeed, a lucky girl to own such wonderful and beautiful things as these strands.
And you are not going to "burn in hell" for purchasing them. Life is about enjoyment and following what you truly enjoy is life itself. That's the way I would look at the purchase. It's an affirmation of life! Good for you and I hope you wear your pearls every chance you get.

I've been returning to this thread time after time just to drool over these Hanadamas. I think I just have to have a strand! :D

What a gorgeous collection to have! The Hanadamas are just heavenly! Thanks for sharing your lovely pearl "treasures"!!

I am now deciding not only length and pearl size... but also between Freshadamas and Hanadama. I read that Freshadamas can be a daily event or frequent wear but Hanadama should be for a special event.... but i do not wish to spend so much $$$ to use it for a special event. I am thinking of only 1 good quality pearl necklace (hopefully) and really still stuck between the two. and now thats the Pinked and natural white. Wow the more i learnt abt pearls, the more confused i get!

I've emailed PP but i am not sure was it due to hOlidays and thats why I didnt get a reply since the 'eve' of Xmas eve.

Hi Jen,

I imagine the good folks at PP have taken the holiday weekend off to be with their own families. You'll get a reply soon, no doubt.

Here's an idea: a white Freshadama strand for formal wear and a multicolored freshwater strand for more casual wear. The total cost would still be less than a single Hanadama strand. I have white and colored freshwaters and find the multis so versatile, that I wear them more often than the white ones.

On the other hand, if you really like the look of the Hanadamas, you could get those now and save for a freshwater strand later. (Yes, I'm an enabler! :D)

Hanadamas have a very thick coating of nacre, so they will wear for a very long time as opposed to regular akoya pearls. If you could see the pinked and natural side by side, you would see that the natural white has both pink and blue overtones without any color enhancement. I guess you can tell that I am smitten with mine. :cool:

yea i think its cool to have natural white but with blue n pink hues. i didnt see this type of pearls before (and i still cannot figure out the blue hues from yr picture :X) but from yr description, they sound SOooooo unique.

i am not sure if i will get to see it @ Mikimoto. I think once I start or learnt to see good grades pearls, I will know the difference between them and those found in japanese deparmental store (Isetan).

i've just emailed PP again n someone replied saying they are away for holidays and now doing some yr end stuffs. I hate yr end too. I am stuck in the office at almost 2am now, running the report and cannot do anything else (besides posting here hehe) because the system is occupied by that report

Not sure when they are going to have new stocks coming in. I can really wait for a good piece! I dont believe in having a lot of jewellery so i will try to decide on the pearl size first then hopefully just 1 Freshadama or Hanadama.

Oooohhhhhhhh, Heidiiiii - where aaarrre you? did you get your pearls?

We need more natural-white, unpinked?white pearls for those of us w naturally pink skin tones, who love bright whites. (Sounds like a laundry commercial...)

(oops, another Rosanne Rosanna-dana, or sr moment. I should post this in CFW...at which time, I'll no doubt learn that there already are many unpinked white CFWs available...)

Last edited:
Back