GIA Alumni Pearl Tour

It's a small world when you can use code for famous pearls -- only on "P-G"!

Hi Blaire,

What fantastic photos you got, and your Eyris Blue pearl shows really well on you, It must be amazing in person. Glad to see you must have had an amazing time. The handfuls of pearls must have been hard to put down. :D Can't wait to hear more details. I have to live this adventure through you.

Hello Blaire,
Many, many thanks for sharing. What a fabulous experience!
It's been great to read your diary and see the photos., and I, too, look forward to the next installment.
Great posts, thanks again.

GemGeek just had too much fun!
You can see Robert Wan's plane in the background. That little prop-job shuttled our entire group back and forth to his island - Robert Wan Airlines.

Attachments

• blair.JPG
    blair.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 54
Wow I'm catching up quick on these posts (I've been too jealous to look :rolleyes: but I'm better now)- looks like heaven.

On the Tucson front! It looks as though the "pearl talk" may not happen. Doug Fiske and I were going to do it together, but the powers that be determined it may be construed as GIA endorsement of a commercial enterprise (PearlParadise.com). After the diamond scandal that sort of thing is a no go! But I respect that if it does hold true across the board.

Jeremy, I kinda see GIA's point there, but still... You ARE an absolute expert in the field; it seems to me that anyone who attends the show would benefit from your experience there. It's not like you have an exhibition booth on site, so I am not really seeing where the commercial endorsement claims come in- Strack wrote a book, and she benefited (I'm sure) from hosting a lecture in Tucson, but so did everyone that came to hear her speak! You've spent years traveling all over the world buying and selling pearls- your experience more than trumps your online business.

I guess I'm just disappointed... :eek:

Wow, I'm so jealous! What a fabulous trip. Thanks for all the great pics. Can't wait to go read the next installment!

Now it's Jeremy's turn. I'm hoping he took some in the museum. I took a bunch with Leslie's camera, but she's up in Seattle. (We're gem geek buddies!)

Australia comes tomorrow night.:)

Hi Blaire,

The Eyris Pearl pendant really has a beautiful luster and gleam, even though the picture must have been taken several feet away. It looks very good on you! I am adding Eyris Pearl to my own little wish list...:)

pernula

pernula said:
Hi Blaire,

The Eyris Pearl pendant really has a beautiful luster and gleam, even though the picture must have been taken several feet away. It looks very good on you! I am adding Eyris Pearl to my own little wish list...:)

pernula

I wore the Eyris set to work today. Of course, everyone wanted to know where they could get them. There is only one store in town that carries them and I called them to see if they had any in stock. They had 16 pieces. That's a lot!:)

In New Zealand, we went to three jewerly stores and only one had a ring. The ONE RING from New Zealand! Isn't that where Lord of the Rings was filmed?;)

Back